Hillys 70 Devon .. the resto starts .. soon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilly_70 said:
idea6.jpg

It annoys me on forums when smilies are a ridiculous size, EB has always please me that the smilies are the same size as the text...

...until now, I would like a BIG thumbs up to go here!!

:rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll: :rocknroll:

Cheers guys! .. wasn't sure how well it would go down! :D

... Only gonna be in vinyl anyways .. so if it look shite or i change my mind it can go!

;)

Hilly

Funny you should ask that George!

.. Its nearly in paint!

.. Just one side left, all prep'd, just need time to paint it!

Doors not done yet either, but at least I can start rebuilding the shell over winter ..

Oh and I er changed on the colour a bit ..

Bright white roof ... Triumph old english white from gutters down ... quite a period colour..

I know ... pictures or it dint happen .. I'll stick em on when ive done the 4th side!

Hilly

Ah but they're masked off while i paint the other side!

... Ya can have a piccy of my masking off if ya like! :D

H.

( I'll try get some up tomorra! )

Ok so heres a couple of pics of a bit of the paint ..

Its a bit dark in the garage and the paint looks a little 'flatter' on the photo's .. but ya can get the drift on the colours ..

Its my first attempt at a spray job so be gentle with me! .. Ive learnt lots since painting the first side, hence when i got back round to it, I flatted it back and resprayed it again .. but I guess thats how ya learn!

roofpainted.jpg

100_6253-1.jpg

100_6263-2.jpg

Still want colour sanding and polishing, but im happy with the overal result for a home job!

Oh and the colours are white and Triumph old english white ..

Hilly

So .. ive been quiet .. and slow ..

Anyway .. its looking more like a bus

bus30414_zpsa8dbf4e6.jpg

It may even leave the garage this year!

Hilly

Just read through the whole thread, brilliant work Hilly you should be very proud, I wish I could work to your standard, 8) Nick.

Cheers Nick .. appreciate the comment! :)

Its took me ages .. and lots of it more than one attempt!

But it is my first ever go at a resto .. And its a user not a show bus ..

Learning all the time ..!

Hilly

Hi guys .. So ..i drove her for the first time a yesterday .. first time in 5 years ..

Here she is now ..

Brake probs just occured today ( See technical post if ya can help! )

Hoping for MOT this week but not holding my breath!

Cheers

Hilly

Latest posts