Horn wire/ brake fluid resevoir

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie34

Reaction score
Hi guys

So piecing together a van I didn't take apart has is proving awkward. I've got the yellow wire that runs down the steering tube from the horn ring. Am I correct in thinking this terminates to earth?

The other question is where does the brake fluid reservoir sit, the little round one for filling up?

Cheers
Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horn:
The wire from the horn push terminates on the steering box side of the steering coupling.
Then the wire from the horn its self clips to the floor on the underside of the van, passes up through the hole in the floor with the column then through an eyelet on the inside of the cover that bolts to the floor, the wire then connects to a male spade tab thats on the outer column.

Brake res:
Depends on year of the bus but a 70 mounts behind the drivers kick panel, it slides onto a mount. Your best bet is to buy yourself a copy of the Bentley workshop manual.

Nice one cheers, I had a feeling it was on the steering box, but wanted to make sure.

Sorry forgot to add its 69 lhd. I'll take a gander there then. I have a Haynes manual, but I couldn't quite see it clearly enough. Are the Bentley ones a better option?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I find the Bentley one to be quite good.

Latest posts