Ignition barrel replacement ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob b

Reaction score
So I've been trying to do this tonight following this link

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/barrel/barrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm at the stage where I need to locate the hole with the j
Shape rod I can't seem todo it for the life Of me

So do any of you lot have any better ideas?

Cheers rob

er no - the j rod thing is the only way - other than carefully drilling the lock and over many months dremelling the lock out...

I need to do this at some point, and have been putting it off for a year...

good luck - I'm sure you cannot even get a mirror in there - do you have it off the bus or is it in situ?

It could be that your steering lock is slightly different to the one shown in this sequence. my '68 bay has a different lock, with a more prominent hole on the alloy body. I used some old 30amp cable core to push and wiggling the barrel using the key it comes apart nice and easy

Hope this helps!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fghdr0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've still got it on the bus it's such a pain so I'm
Right in thinking I just need to find that little hole with their j rod an push it down an wiggle the barrel out?

Rob cheers for the replies

depends i have got them out but had one at MEB of the vehicle and never managed to remove it :msn4: some barrells need the key in turned to first position for pin to be depresed

Jiggle jiggle jiggle, it won't come out, then all of a sudden, for no reason at all, out it pops - probably just after you start drilling it. :roll:

I found copper wire wasn't man enough. So I used copper wire to bend to the right shape by "feeling" for the depression where the pin is. Then fashioned a piece of thicker steel wire into the same shape, ground to a point on the end. Took a couple of hours of patient fiddling.

Latest posts