im almost there, more progress, now thinkng of selling

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean70bay

Reaction score
Well after over 2 years im almost ready for mot, its my first camper and other then a go around the block in monkeyboys camper it will be the first time cant wait, just gota spray the front clip and engine lid as the paint reacted, they must of been sprayed with something different in the past, but barcoated them and now in primer ready to spray tomorrow, other bits are just horn not working and brake lights, which im sure will be easy jobs, thanks Dean
vwcamper090311003.jpg

vwcamper090311008.jpg

camperinterior018.jpg

vwcamper090311005.jpg

couple more pics got the engine lid and the front sprayed, i will have to flat and polish the front to get it like the back also got some new wiper blades and fitted a new aerial, brought a complete pop seal kit to put on as well, think i will do some tinkering about with it next week and then book mot week after, oh and forgot i wana waxoil the underside, thanks Dean
camper110311005.jpg

camper110311002-1.jpg

Very Very nice :D Looks great sat on the whitewalls. Makes me want to get my standard wheels back on !

steve92 said:
Very Very nice :D Looks great sat on the whitewalls. Makes me want to get my standard wheels back on !

Awesome bus man - love it!
Do like the whitewalls - when i decide on my final tyre choice i'm gonna have to speak to Ant!

That is looking very nice indeed 8)

And on standard rims for a change ;)

I love the og wheels gota be wrapped in white walls though, thought about painting the vw logo black in the centre of the domes as ive seen it before and thought it looked good, any thoughts, thanks Dean

Well today wired the brake lights that went well cant beleive you just need to take the centre wire off the back of the hazard warning lights switch then run a new wire off that to the lights, got out the electrians rods and run it in the chassis leg along side the loom 8) , then got the horn working the earth had come off the spade connector under the sterring column 8) , so that was every thing working on the bus and running, but remembered i hadnt tested the windowscreen washers, i didnt know they worked by pressure so filled the water up, wired in a cigarette lighter cause ive only got a cigarette lighter electrical car tyre pump, pressurise the water bottle and BANG :x , bloodly hose spilt behind the dash, water everywere, so got the clocks out and it had spilt right on the back of the switch, luckly had enough lenght to cut it and connect it up again, job done, well suprised how good they are :D , got the complete new seal kit on the pop top and started putting curtins in, need some new cips though so ordered them from just kampers, mot next week me thinks,Thanks Dean