importing a bus and insurance dilemma

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wodan

Reaction score
hi
has any one imported a bus themseves and did you insure it and how much..would appreciate any views on this

rgds wodan

Iv imported a few busses and never insured them until a day before I take them for an mot, hope that helps

I imported my bus myself and didn't bother insuring it because I payed so little for it, and I think that's were the answer to your question lies, how much you pay for it.

I have imported one bus, and I insured it from the day it came off the boat. Initially I was able to insure it on the chasis number, and once it had an MOT and subsequently a UK registration, I just gave that to the insurance company and they transferred the insurance to the reg. Was fairly straight forward.

I think you need to clarify if you mean whilst its on the water or during the preparation for a UK MOT.

Are we talking insurance whilst its getting here or when its here?, I never bother with shipping insurance, too hard to prove who did what etc.

Hi. Whilst its on the water chaps. ...i think i know what im going to do...or not going to fo...so to speak...many thanks for your input

Latest posts