its johns bus not the TVbus!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john the horse

Reaction score
well have decided to start a thread on the bus finally as have been asked by loads about it so dragged my arse outta pub to do this.

only one pic to start so here you go
whoever stole my front wheel, ill have it back pls
Image0067.jpg

specs as follows

notched and tubbed front and rear
10inch narrowed k and l beam
dropped spindles
engine and gearbox raise
steering box raise
beam raise
disc conversion.
splitty rear hubs
wheels are bbts at the mo ( ta for them!)5.5 rear , 4.5 fronts
185 65 rears and 155 50 fronts
motor is a standard 1600 vege unit which is really good and has not got any issues
twin 40 kadrons, these will be changed out next year but at mo they are pretty good if not a little thirsty
no heat exchangers as they would be ripped of due to ride height so j tubes only
and as for the suspension thats hydraulics on remote front and rear independantly
so thats that for now and cant see it changin for a while

only thing would be a gt box or 6 ribber or a flyer if mrs horse allows , but i feel money will have to go on the house soon

hope that covers most questions and photos will go up as people request etc

cheers john the horse, bex and lazerdog :D

Great bus mate. Very envious. Must have some battle scars on the underbody.

The best patina on any bus I've ever seen. No challenge. :D

Looks awesome Mr Horse, you've defo made it yours!
You got some good spots for picture taking up there, where bouts are ya in
the broads?

sorry 56 pumper man but i am not around a lot of the time and so not easily avaliable to grab a shot or two.

i know you want interior shot and underneath shots and up and down and round and round ,ill make it back to the bus in the new year and ill dump a load of stuff here for ya.

am i the only guy on here that doesnt really dig my interior?

cheers and sorry for being lazy but i got too many projects on the go as is, like the house was meant to be finished er last year but as said before, built garage for van , so that was all the dough and a small matter on hydraulics wasnt cheap, and no i aint tellin how much, all ill say was i have seen buses go for less!! bolloxs overspent again.

cheers and its a new year resolution.

john the horse.

krusty said:
Looks awesome Mr Horse, you've defo made it yours!
You got some good spots for picture taking up there, where bouts are ya in
the broads?
i did pm krusty , just to show im not rude, but for obvious reason i havent given the address on the open forum, didnt want to appear rude, even though i am :oops:

john thwe jhorse

sorry 56 pumper man but i am not around a lot of the time and so not easily avaliable to grab a shot or two.

John no problem, as for your interior, from the wee pics I've seen it looks top notch,
No panic with the photos, just spent the last few days putting in a narrowed beam, spindles and rear spring plates in my 69', I had a wee piccy of yours on my tool box for inspiration, it's savagely low now, not on your level though ( yet ;) )
Cheers
Cathal

56 pumper said:

John no problem, as for your interior, from the wee pics I've seen it looks top notch,
No panic with the photos, just spent the last few days putting in a narrowed beam, spindles and rear spring plates in my 69', I had a wee piccy of yours on my tool box for inspiration, it's savagely low now, not on your level though ( yet ;) )
Cheers
Cathal
cheers man i cant believe im a pin up, i know im a looker but really, oh you mean the bus , bugger .

next small thing will be to fit sum jailbars, fix the slider, replace as little amount of seals as poss , only the leaky one and maybe a hub and wheel change next year, thinking of gettin 5 by 130 hubs front { csp} and sum redrilled rear drums as i got the horn for teledials , but as said before must sort the house by the spring, dont know which year though, ill be keepin the 5 wide hubs as prob swap the wheels over as i feel .

cheers

john the horse.

a few more as promised but seeing as the bus is stuck in the garage awaiting a few jobs its turned into its own , parts shed so intrior shots are a bit limited , ill get him out on sat for a burn up and post sum more , just knocked on a dudes door in the next villiage to ask if i could take a few shots outside his house, he got 2 old 50s petrol pumps in his front garden . he was cool as said no worrie even offered me a tea!!!

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

the hydraulics being checked over by lazer, he says all looks ok
DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

compresser and sub a dub, amp hidden behind
DSCN0033.jpg

the servos are under the rear bench due to hieght ill clear him out on sat and take a couple of those, just dont pump the brake or itll lock up, who ever heard of that in a bay!!

Latest posts