Janis, 14 months of Resto and nearly home

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juppster11

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm a newbee to earlybay, and have spent hours on my phone looking at pictures on this forum, which I enjoy so much.
Thought I would share my pictures of my Bus which started as a small project and ended up as a nut and bolt, slammed rebuild from floor up!

It is my second early bay, this one being an import from California which had sat in the desert for 20 years, having her engine taken out and most of her interior too.

As I run my own business and very busy I didn't have time to do it my self.

Anyway it's nearly done and about two to three weeks till she is home.

She has had a chassis notch and stage three lowering, Radar alloys on 15s new 1641 motor with a stainless 3inch vintage sport exhaust. Full re-wire, pro paint,everything trimmed in leather and loads of blingy bits. A safari window in the rear and full Harmon AV system with 24inch led tv linked to a pure iPod dock.
Anyway enjoy the pics and hopefully bump into some of you guys at the shows this year.

Paul :)
ama9etu7.jpg
yru9y8em.jpg
y5a7y4as.jpg
unutehyr.jpg
e3u2u7y8.jpg
ysu8unum.jpg
apa6y6y7.jpg
ybube7uv.jpg
ra7ejysu.jpg
agupy4e9.jpg
9u8yja9u.jpg
zerydy5u.jpg
3y2etade.jpg
ahyzequ2.jpg
etuzaset.jpg
8yje5e9e.jpg
a6e5e3as.jpg
9agy4yda.jpg
7ebusaza.jpg
azupaneh.jpg
my4ubuga.jpg
7yhuvepy.jpg
depajyja.jpg

Wow, you don't see many in yellow 8) ?
Looks like class quality work, now you need to get out in it & enjoy!!!!!

Cali_bay said:
Hi and welcome

Great looking bus. Liking the colour 8)
Hi ya

Thank you, it's vw rallye yellow, a 1974 colour, just wanted it to be a sunshine bus :)

Facebook page thread for more pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T2-1971-Sunny-California-Camper-restoration/239010269524357?sk=photos_stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul

dasteel said:
Very nice. Your pockets must be a bit lighter now:)
It's a sore point in my house at the moment, she has taken all my life savings, but going to be worth it :))

I know all about life savings vanishing on a bus :lol:

But this is looking rather good, and a little different in the yellow so good on you .... once the snow is gone and you are out and about enjoying it the discussion will be much warmer!

cotswoldiver said:
I know all about life savings vanishing on a bus :lol:

But this is looking rather good, and a little different in the yellow so good on you .... once the snow is gone and you are out and about enjoying it the discussion will be much warmer!
Thank you, I love the colour and can't stop looking at pictures of her on my phone. I know the misses will enjoy her when she's home and we intend to make full use of her not just for show :)

Wow!! That colour looks gorgeous. If we ever respray our bus, gonna do it a sunshiny yellow, specially now we seen a picture of Bob Marley in one :D

dlscott1974 said:
nice to see a different colour nice bus must have cost a packet
Thanks, think it will stand out ;) and yes I have parted with most of our life savings and a few more nuggets on top of that.. But she's a keeper

Stunning bus. Not normally a fan of 'modern' colours on VW's but the yellow is perfect.
Bet you're well chuffed with that.

Quick question, is the top locker at the back attached to a side cupboard or is it just 'hanging there'?

VanillaBear said:
Stunning bus. Not normally a fan of 'modern' colours on VW's but the yellow is perfect.

Quick question, is the top locker at the back attached to a side cupboard or is it just 'hanging there'?

Thank you
u7a8yzeq.jpg
uba6ygej.jpg

It's a 1974 colour :) vw rallye yellow. So a late bay colour choice! Dare I say it :)

The top locker is hanging there but is attached to the inside of the bus. SJH interiors hand made the cabinets. The tv is hidden in the rectangular box under the locker. It flips down.

We are over the moon with it and need to get out in her. :)

Juppster11 said:
VanillaBear said:

It's a 1974 colour :) vw rallye yellow. So a late bay colour choice! Dare I say it :)

So 'modern' colour then :lol: :p

Cheers for the info on the locker, wanted something similar without having a cupboard covering a window.

So I guess it's getting close to getting her home as the plates are going on and the final tweaks to the ride height are being done! Radars are back from the polishers and have been detailed too...

Final push, photo shoot next Saturday then home...........
ypebajun.jpg
6aby3udy.jpg
9e3ara6u.jpg

Latest posts