Loaning your camper out?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I lend it out?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
faux said:
Loxy said:
the front seats have been replaced by Porsche boxster heated sports seats which required the cooker to be removed from under the seat

Firstly that is a crime... :lol:

Secondly, if they loved it so much why didn't they have it? (Looks harsh in print)

I have lent previous buses to friends for use in this country and have generally kept them on my insurance, however, with my current rust bucket I will be the only one to drive it.....well probably. :|
I couldn't cope with the stock seats on long drives, especially when we drive to Hungary to visit the inlaws. I'll be cutting a bigger hole in the dash for a radio next! :lol:

It is a tricky one with the family and bus connection...but it has to be a no no..buses are not modern cars and have far too many little quirks that only a 'loved one' can deal with..
The only way to deal with thIS one is to let them down gently with a BIG FAT LIE!

Think carefully about how you put it ....but a full tactical retreat...or failing that a mechanical breakdown in June !!

Yes, my mate came to Vanfest for the crack then took me Van on for a trip around Wales, only problem I had was jealousy when I saw the photos on his return. As he drove off with his girlfriend I remember someone saying, When you are young enough to look great in a van like they do you cant afford one, made me feel right old.

I put my mum on my insurance as soon as I got my van, but only because when I first learnt to drive it made my insurance cheaper to have a female as a named driver, so I still always put her on my policy.

When she first saw the van I offered her the chance to drive it, knowing my grandad (her dad) had two when she was younger and she had learnt to drive in one. But she didn't have a clue!! As said above, there are intricacies to driving an old car/van, and while I appreciate everyone had to learn how to drive their van, this wasn't done 'straight in at the deep end' with a drive up the Alps!! :shock:

I couldn't say yes outright to any of my friends, even my family, if after a test run I was satisfied with their level of mechanical sympathy I would consider it. But dude, the ALPS!!!!!!!!! :?: :|

Latest posts