Loaning your camper out?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I lend it out?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't let them have it... imagine if it was pranged, that would put a huge strain on yr friendship with your mate, plus if it conked out during the trip that wld have the consequences! I don't think u shld worry about the mods u have made either... it's yr bus now... things have to move on...

sent from my iPhone.... badass!!!

Maybe you lot have got sharing issues....only children?

lending mine out this summer a couple of times ,my french next doors and my ex wife...

I hope they enjoy their trips... 8)

I'm in the 'no' camp too, although I can also see your dilema.

The only person I've lent my bus to in the past is my dad... but then having previously owned one from new, for about 17 years, I feel he's sufficiently qualified! :lol:

It is tricky, but you just can't. They shouldn't ask you really. It's such a difficult position for you, that proves that they don't understand the bond between man and bus :lol:

You'd be worries the whole time :(

I'm still unsure myself. They are very aware of how precious this van is to me - that's the reason they sold it to me in the first place in preference to one of his grandsons! Also they know how their father(in-law) looked after it, it only did 41k miles in 33 years and isnt your usual rusty rhd shitter! In fact he probably spent more time than most of us do on it. Unfortunately his age & keenness to look after it is what actually made it worse especially the respray and his subsequent hand painting of the body panels.
I also still have guilty feelings regarding what I paid for it (3k) although I did tell them it was worth a lot more.
I really think that they will try to look after it, but I am still struggling to say yes........

For thru a Lupe > sent via my Iphone :lol

Hi Loxy,
I was asked the same question today!
It had to be NO WAY.
A mate wanted to borrow my Westy
to go to Bestival, which is same week my
wife is due with our second kid.
Too much to worry about, without wondering if my
van is still in one piece :?
Cheers Paul.

That`s exactly what i did :D
I just knew my shiney unmarked alloys
would come back scratched :cry:
No one looks after a bus , like the owner of that bus!
Cheers Paul.

im in the same predick,dad wants it 4 a week in the lakes afer calling me a prat 4 buying it,but i rit his newish civic off 7 years ago and he never lets me forget it!dont think its gonna happen tho,dont do it!!!

Hmmmmm . Tricky one . I used to borrow my "granda's" van till his daughter read in a mag
(that I lent him) how much it was worth !! :shock:

We ended up banned from using it , not allowed to buy it , and we weren't told when it was put up for sale !!! :evil:

But it is YOUR van now :oops:

I've confused myself now :? :?

I have a piston that came through the head just to remind me NEVER lend the bus to anyone again, but the family connection makes a big difference. I would let them drive it for a day (with supervision) to see how they got on and if they are used to modern motors they will decide its too far to drive a cranky old bus :)

Loxy said:
the front seats have been replaced by Porsche boxster heated sports seats which required the cooker to be removed from under the seat

Firstly that is a crime... :lol:

Secondly, if they loved it so much why didn't they have it? (Looks harsh in print)

I have lent previous buses to friends for use in this country and have generally kept them on my insurance, however, with my current rust bucket I will be the only one to drive it.....well probably. :|

thru_a_lupe said:
I wouldn't let them have it... imagine if it was pranged, that would put a huge strain on yr friendship with your mate, plus if it conked out during the trip that wld have the consequences! I don't think u shld worry about the mods u have made either... it's yr bus now... things have to move on...

sent from my iPhone.... badass!!!

and its the same for me :mrgreen:

sent from my pc.... old skool ;)

Latest posts