Locking lever on inner side of siding door

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raveboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Microbus
Hey all, My little locking lever/switch thingy on the inside of the sliding door just moves up and down with no resistance hence when I shut the door from the outside sometimes and lock the handle up (From the outside), this little lever will fall down thus locking the handle from the inside. I have to reach round from the passanger door and pull it up again to open it. So my question is - Does this mean a spring or clip or something has broken within the lock ? And if so is it replaceable ?

Cheers for your answers (Hopefully)

Raver :party0046:

In the OG parts catalogue there's no exploded view, so I'm guessing that they aren't meant to be serviceable.
Second hand ones are easy enough to come by...in fact I have a few ;)

:)

There is a little spring in side that holds the lever in either up or down position. Sounds like it has come off. They can be opened up with carefull use of a file/grinder, I did one to modify for central locking. Be aware though, there are a few springs inside and lots of sliding levers and such and it will be a right royal pain to put back together!

Hmmm thanks guys - Sounds like a right royal pain in the arse to fix :cry:
I'll review how much it annoys me and decide on a course of action - Either replacement or repair

CHeers

Raver :party0046:

Latest posts