LPG anybody had it done.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydiver

Reaction score
Due to the stupid price of petrol now :shock: .
Thinking about having the van and or new beatle coverted to LPG.
Has anybody had it done. Are there any pitfalls i should look out for?
And besides the obvious (cheeper fuel), are there any other advantages to having it done?

Can anybody recomend anyone in Someset.

I am officially saving up for the conversion and hopefully propex fitting at the same time

analord said:
I am officially saving up for the conversion and hopefully propex fitting at the same time

where does the LPG tank go? im curious as its something i was looking at too.

That is phenomenal... £866.67 saving on 10,000 miles at 30mpg. That's the kit paid for.
Think this could be my next project. 8)

Johnny said:
analord said:

where does the LPG tank go? im curious as its something i was looking at too.
I also looked into this and the tank goes under the rear seat (R&R etc)

you can get a split petrol/lpg tank made to fit behind the original bulkhead......

that way you dont get all your valuable space devoured, some folks get them mounted under the bus dependant on ground clearance.

I used to run my MONSTER v8 landy 110 on lpg.And boy what a differance.Ran better and cheaper.In the end it was running purely on the stuff :wink:

seen a few vehicles with lpg fitted and ive seen some horries in fitments :shock: seen a few with leaks around the filler and one with a leak under bonnet :shock: :shock: :shock: and some strange fitments , once saw a lincoln navigator with a huge tank in the boot area , that filled the boot up , it was massive :lol: , but that wasnt the shocker , there was a second battery next to it and 2 huge amps and there was no rubber between tank and the strapping , whcih meant loose tank :shock:

What we are looking for is someone who's done it and its a success. They are advertised on ebay so someone must know what its like fitted to our vehicle.

Had mine converted by Gassure ,professional job done in 1 day.My tank is under the rock/roll seat,which had to be raised 35mm for it to fit.You cant have it fitted underneath (LPG regs).Filler fitted underneath to the outrigger.
I can start on Gas or Petrol and switch between whilst on the move.
Im well pleased with mine as it means I can afford to use it as my daily driver.
Cheers Chris

You cant have it fitted underneath (LPG regs)

If you look on gasure website they actually show one fitted underneath as I said it depends on the height of the vehicle a stock height bus is ok with good ground clearance, the subject was raised some time ago on their forum and it gives the ground clearance required, ditch your belly pans a fit a good sized tank.

Also they used to do a system where the stove supply was fed from the main tank too, but following difficulties with airlocks and escapes they suspended that service pending an alternative, not sure if they sorted that one out.

seriously considering an LPG myself....

As far as Im aware there isnt enough ground clearance on a standard height bay.There seems to be different Regs for tanks that are for cooking/heating ,I may be wrong on this though. I still think its worth while with the tank under the R+R.

Latest posts