Midnight delivery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after volksworld iv had a good week on the bus having picked up some of the parts I had been after.

Picked up some part used seat covers at quite a reasonable price and very happy with them after fitting them to my seats with some new padding for maximum comfort

Managed to find the sliding door parts I had been after which means I've been able to refit the doors middle roller cover and hopefully just needs some finer adjustments and will be in fine working order.

Picked up a replacement hazard relay switch after mine fell apart

Also picked up a set of 15" splitscreen wheels that I had my eye on for awhile

These will be sand blasted repaired and powder coated black.

Also ordered a new servo and master cylinder which turned up in the week

Whith the wheels and servo I was happy to finally fit my French slammer beam, spindles and Spring plates, also got front disc breaks so the bus should be able to stop on a penny once it's all fitted

So over the last day and a half I got stuck in and got most of it fitted

Rear went on relatively easily and will need finer adjustments to get it looking right once it's up and running

The front beam was another story, it's not the easiest job to do on your own

The callipers required a bit of grinding down to accept the wheels without fouling

Just need to fit all new break pipes and run servo pipes and get the wheels refurbished and rubber put on them. Really looking forward to getting it off the axle stands and sitting low

Took the breaks off and put my 14 inch wheels back on so I could get the van back on the floor while I wait for my splitscreen wheels to come back from the powder coaters and get some tyres on them. Quite happy with the stance so far but it is more or less at full height and I will be adjusting it lower once I have it on the road, it also needs finer adjustments once running but it's a start and I did it my self so it's definitely an achievement :D pics are not great as I don't have much room on the drive and its tucked up in the corner

snow_pikey said:
Nice 8)

Anymore pic's of that front bumper/ town rail?

Thanks mate

Good spot on the bumper, it is something I was trying to keep under my hat :msn4: for now as it is not quite how I want it yet and needs some work, I am also waiting until I have the bus on the road to deside if it is ultimately going to stay on. It is very much a marmite addition. It will definitely divide opinion

Small update while I wait for a parts delivery and for my wheels to come back.

So at some point in the past this bus had a bit of a crash and it seems the sliding door side took the brunt of it and when it got to me the sliding door was almost unusable and I've slowly but by bit fixed it by the slow processes of elimination. After replacing most parts in the mechanism it still wasn't right so I stripped out the locking levers as a last resort and discovered this

One was completely snapped off and the other that engaged the cam was just nicked enough that it would not lock on the new cam
So a trip down to VW heritage solved the problem and now bar a few minor adjustments is working fine

And I could finally refit the side cover as the final test, and it works fine the door no longer batters the side cover as it shuts

I sourced some very reasonably priced nos Bosch reverse lenses, they are not the same as the hella lenses but they will do for now

And I finally got round to cleaning the cab and now it almost looks new

This week I should receive my split screen steel wheels all cleaned up and with new tyres, all new break lines and hoses, brand new complete cab door window rubbers, new 1/4 light locks and a new accelerator pedal. So more updates coming soon.

Coming along nicely,

Sounds like an exciting instalment of parts to come... cab looks mint!!

So I just spent this lovely day out on my drive rebuilding the front doors, and I have to say it was totally worth it. The cab rubbers and felts were virtually nonexistent and they were really bothering me. So I ordered up custom & commercials German quality cab window kit and have to say I am suitabley impressed, though they have yet to be tested by the weather so will have to wait and see.

Before

Rebuilt opening 1/4 light all new rubber, felt and lock, just waiting for a rivet gun to rivet it back together

While a had everything out I cleaned everything up and applied ancor wax to all the areas I can't get to once everything is back in.
After refit

Also fitted my wheels, still is not stanced properly yet but I'm not sure it will be until it is back on the road

Haven’t posted on here in a while. So here is a brief up date with where it’s at now. Follow me on Instagram for more regular updates on it. https://www.instagram.com/gre9ory77/

Latest posts