More space in mags for proper buses?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just seen your signature and noted 69 Torvette :shock:
have a 68 Torvette in forthcoming mag....well Dec 67 factory build date Jan 68 converted
love to see yours...
a bit like editors you wait ages for one and then..... :lol:

David Eccles said:
I just seen your signature and noted 69 Torvette :shock:
have a 68 Torvette in forthcoming mag....well Dec 67 factory build date Jan 68 converted
love to see yours...
a bit like editors you wait ages for one and then..... :lol:

I spotted the reference to a '68 Torvette and will buy the mag no doubt on the strength of reading that feature. You don't see too many Torvettes around, particularly with original with specs. :D

Delilahtoo said:
Shorty said:
And who said magazine editors were like buses! You wait ages for one.........
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and two come along, both heading in the same direction, it seems. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Delilahtoo said:
It is good to have both editors share their views.
I agree, I think it's great that they keep an eye on the forums, and it's great to hear from them from time to time...

Delilahtoo said:
I guess whether we have more aircooled features in C&B and C&C depends on the amount and nature of the aircooled material that is sent to them by the likes of us.

Right, just off to send in some pics of my bus. Anybody joining in to see if we can crowd out the T4/5 stuff? :roll:

er... mines not quite ready yet!! :lol: :lol: :lol: but hopefully one day..

So, two magazines have just been launched that are T4/T5 specific... Then, this month we get a multiple page feature on a T5 in C&B... WTF!

For the first time I can recall, I haven't bought C&B this month after seeing that shite in there, I bought Ulta VW instead.... Which probably also has car park fodder in it, but at least they haven't launched a sister magazine devoted solely to chavved up plumbers vans..

Disappointed C&B, very disappointed. :roll:

Shorty said:
So, two magazines have just been launched that are T4/T5 specific... Then, this month we get a multiple page feature on a T5 in C&B... WTF!

For the first time I can recall, I haven't bought C&B this month after seeing that shite in there, I bought Ulta VW instead.... Which probably also has car park fodder in it, but at least they haven't launched a sister magazine devoted solely to chavved up plumbers vans..

Disappointed C&B, very disappointed. :roll:

I can see the argument put forward by David and James that those who own 'chavved up plumbers vans' might read a nice bay or splitty article and be sucked in to trading up. But the risk is that they lose the bay, splitty and T25 readers, who probably could not give a monkeys about T5s. The very occasional feature is OK, but logically they will soon dominate the traditional mags. The T6 must be due soon, so that will take up space, then the T7... Will we fall in love with T4s and T5s by then...I doubt it.

The clue is in the title...Camper and Bus. Not Camper, Bus and Plumbers Van. :lol:

Well my opinion is with the majority, i reall don't want to see T4's and T5's in what is a essentially a classic VW mag. I can't stand them, i don't like them they don't hold any interest value at all and have no character what so ever. There own mag would be better so it doesn't fill ours up with shit.

I also don't like how they jump on the band wagon about how they into the the scene, er no your not, your dipping your toe in get a proper bus and join the jedi's the force is strong.

Just realized i'm going on one so i'll stop, this is not meant to offend anyone it is just my opinion.

That`s not like you to stop half way through a rant ;) ;) ;) so carry on soldier and finish your time and say what some of us are thinking as well :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Too Too lazy to rant :lol: :roll: :lol:

Spoke to quite afew people at Jambo over the weekend and it seems alot have stopped getting the magazines due to the high content of T4/T5 and also the "trader features" which are just big for sale spreads. (check out this 5 page spread on this nice bus which is now sold but you can contact them and they will build you one just like it blah blah)

Times are hard for everyone so when the magazine editors etc claim its tough producing a monthly my heart hardly bleeds.

Too many adverts, too many watercooled and not enough genuine content. I buy when i feel bored these days and no longer every mag every month.

I must admit me and Rach have been saying for a while that there are far too many top end re-build features in mags, that's the main reason why we stopped subscriptions the other is the amount of T4, T5 and such creeping in. My opinion is that there are loads of very very cool buses, bugs, notches, squares, fasty's, trekker's and buggies ( don't think I've missed anyone out ) out there to fill a thousands mags and i'm sure they would get more readers and subscribers if they were to feature these as a lot more people could re-late to this, however i do think some high end stuff needs to stay as this is the dream that people aim for and it does give inspiration.

I like to here about the struggles of people buying a project and having to learn to weld or buying a haynes manual and becoming a mechanic in 3 months. The ups the downs, the living in a garage for months and months, this is just an example. I don't want to hear about a T5 or such thats just had some plastic screwed to it, alloys bolted on and the whole contents of halfords accessory section thrown on it only for the owner to call it a project NO NO NO.

These people need to get a real project and they would understand the meaning of been worthy of a mag feature. :evil:

THE LAST PANZER said:
ozziedog said:
That`s more like it ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Stand easy soldier :mrgreen:

Thank you drill Sargent ~salute~

smiley-face-soldier.gif

i dont know there all this talk about boring halfords plumbers vans, and along comes a guy with a van thats got serious unusual mods or should that be un usable and not even an offer of intent, sod it print all the 19"rimmed t4 saxo things you like.

List of mods to make ya cream your pants with jealousy.

1 James bond smoke screen fitted, well sort of, hit the gas, hit 3500rpm and hey presto the guy behind has vanished in a cloud of black stuff.
2 Fully integrated key less entry. well lock it with the button on the door(inside) and climb in and out the side window and slide shut , entry is opposite
3 time warp airide sytem.. after entry as above, hit the time warp airide system start and wait till the end of flipping time for the compressor to do anything.
4 fully lightened and no so balanced 17" fuchs... well fronts are nearly slicks and the amount of curbing can only have made them half the original weight.
5 fully green for the huggers. i found a plant pot with a plant still in it wrapped around the air comp, might explain above mod.
6 fully lightened chassis with two tone paint. rust and holes
7 new jacking points for speedy changes. as above
8 nuclear reactor heating... 1 setting on of nowt.
9 shaved and lightened battery... went cheap and bought a halfords batt that wouldnt fit so =shaved the sides off the blighter and it shoe horned right in
10. run flat tyres... no spare. have run one flat for a bit hence the lightened rim, no jacking points or usable chassis remember the above
11 hi fi only tweeter only stereo system.
12 patina inside too, er stains and rust.
13 hi tolerance engine.... bloody thing wont die
14 auto window have a complete mind off their own
15 full burnt out proof traction control... fucked clutch too
16 handbrake turn proof . think its held on with a sausage as dont work and not looked either
17 Return journey only Sat Nav....... follow the parts that fell of in a Hansel and Grettle style
18 Semi safari windows... front window is falling out and held with bathroom sealant.
19 Street sleeper... most mods hidden from view to stop would be papparazi and jealousy, or on the spot bidding wars.
all other mods are far too top secret to be out in the open however i will reveal all in my centre spread in can b, ultra and airmighty, ill let em fight over it

ps other bus is modded too but in a surprisingly more modest way and seems to get the glory , phew thell be doing articles on stock buses next :D

Please dont inbox me or put articles in the press about you intentions to buy the vito, i know how you feel but im keeping him until the end, which i fear may not be too far away. ill put an address up when that happens for donations and flowers thanks

jth..
can c and b do a page a month to the best / worse bodge jobs i reckon it would rock ;)

SOMEONE PLEASE DO A

AIRCOOLED ONLY SHOW BEFORE I GO MADDDDDDDD :evil: :evil: :evil:

THERE THE MAX POWER CAMMO BOYS ALL GROWN UP WITH THE SAME STUPID IDEAS!!!!!"!

BIG RIMS,TINTED WINDOWS,SPOILERS,CHIPS.BHP,9" EXHAUSTS ECT .........THERE CR4P :evil:

and relax hhaaaaaaaaaa

retro.james said:
I can't tell you how much it p*sses me off when we've gone to the trouble and expense of having something professionally shot and then it appears in another mag (with the same basic story) before or worse still, at the same time as our feature.

I also feel a little peeved when an owner wants to use their feature as a for sale ad - hence we haven't allowed them to do so for ages - nor will they be allowed to do so in the future - if they want to sell their Bus then it can go in the classified section at the back - not in the feature.

What like the 4 page spread on the '62 Split by Johnson Autoworks thats for sale in the classified section of Septembers mag for 30 grand :roll:

I subscribed to Hayburner which is a breath of fresh air, I'm pretty new to the scene having only had my bus for a year but I think the Hayburner mag also delves into the scene as well as the aircooled stuff... Doubt I'll be renewing my C&B subscribtion this time, might go for the Airmighty mag instead.

Nik

Telford Mulisha said:
retro.james said:
I can't tell you how much it p*sses me off when we've gone to the trouble and expense of having something professionally shot and then it appears in another mag (with the same basic story) before or worse still, at the same time as our feature.

I also feel a little peeved when an owner wants to use their feature as a for sale ad - hence we haven't allowed them to do so for ages - nor will they be allowed to do so in the future - if they want to sell their Bus then it can go in the classified section at the back - not in the feature.

What like the 4 page spread on the '62 Split by Johnson Autoworks thats for sale in the classified section of Septembers mag for 30 grand :roll:

I subscribed to Hayburner which is a breath of fresh air, I'm pretty new to the scene having only had my bus for a year but I think the Hayburner mag also delves into the scene as well as the aircooled stuff... Doubt I'll be renewing my C&B subscribtion this time, might go for the Airmighty mag instead.

Nik

I was chatting to Steve (Johnson Autoworks) about his van just the other day and I think that whilst it may appear to have been a Mag feature and then sell it type of move; he genuinely loves that bus and it has been available for sale at that price for a while now (he runs a business after all) - I considered buying it but I don't have that sort of money. :sad0049: He hasn't just decided to sell it and ramped the price up after a feature; that's the figure he put on it well before the feature as well as after. It's a great bus and judging what some are going for and how rock solid it is, I'd say it's probably worth it too.

I have to agree that those who just get a feature and sell on aren't worth reading about - there are plenty of us who would love a feature on our busses and would forever keep the mag AND their bus! :sign0009: ;) :lol:

earl thebay said:
SOMEONE PLEASE DO A

AIRCOOLED ONLY SHOW BEFORE I GO MADDDDDDDD :evil: :evil: :evil:

THERE THE MAX POWER CAMMO BOYS ALL GROWN UP WITH THE SAME STUPID IDEAS!!!!!"!

BIG RIMS,TINTED WINDOWS,SPOILERS,CHIPS.BHP,9" EXHAUSTS ECT .........THERE CR4P :evil:

and relax hhaaaaaaaaaa

:alc: Amen brother.

Latest posts