moustache Bar

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Hi All
SO finally got the engine out the living room and into the van !hopefully only a couple of weekends work and be running again !

However i have some moustache bar issues , now my brackets ( chassis brackets ) are wagged up welded up but approximately in the right place i thought ( there on the list ,but not high on it, as they essentially work )
but if you look at my j pipes to moustache bar theres a vast difference ( it was the same on the blown engine) but not sure which
side if either are right ? Bar had Round rubber mounts in it rather than the correct type so presumed it was this .

It just makes it awkward when fitting exhausts etc , there is an obvious weld but thats recent as there was a small crack but the bar essentially looks straight , no obvious curve more on one side than the other .

where should J pipes sit in relation to the bar ( in the picture i haven't tighten one of the bolts but thats not the issue)
Hope this makes sense , Pictures to hopefully explain better

Thanks Chico

Hi thanks

so they should sit roughly just rear ( back of van) past the moustache bar .

Chico

Latest posts