MWS Whats the real verdict???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am off the weekend and intend to fit the wheels breifley before removing all the running gear and fitting my adjusters and adjustable spring plates, then getting the beam blasted and coated..... :D :D :D :D :D

I'll snap some picks and post my verdict here first :)

Shots of the van lowered come later :)

They shouldnt be tooo bad as they are ET16. Heres hoping :mrgreen:

While we are on this topic.........Bay wheel studs?? M14x 1.5 am i right there??

mws seem pretty cheap but if things are cheap enough, every bugger will be running them. think tsw venoms, or evos, or three spokes back in the day :shock: . i like the research route, 70's chevy, jag, lotus, porsche rims. get some adapters knocked up or hubs redrilled and you have a set of rare rollers for a fraction of the price.

Wheels went straight on....no bother, nice fit, centre caps straight on etc, all good :D

Before:

061-1.jpg

After:

062.jpg

064.jpg

Now just getting the lowering job complete....

Midland wheels get far too much flack in my opinion
Ive had a few sets of their wheels, yes they are a bitch to balance, yes the lacquer peels, yes they give you the wrong bolts
but they are less than half the price of the alternatives and their tyres are dirt cheap too
and they look cool
i had them on my last bus and i'll have them again
if i hadnt got my mind set on eagle 5's id be getting some mws wheels no probs
wwwvwbugcouk-DevaDubsandRods2009-16.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

Paul 8)

Clem said:
One think worth checking is the wheel offsets. MWS offsets have always been very poor and a saving on the price of a wheel may well be lost when you want them to fit nicely.

My mate Paul (no, he really does exist! ;) ) bought a set of 5x112 repro Fuch wheels from MWS and they wouldnt go on the back of his van as they fouled the arches (its a 69 with late running gear). He then bought a set of SSP Fuch repros that bolted on easily.

Itll be cheaper and easier to spend a couple of hundred at the rims and not have to narrow a beam to regain the added inches.

I had the same problem , I bought the polished Fuch copies and there was no way they would fit on my split, I am running a Creative IRS, so same as bay, and they would hit the outside arch, and that was without tyres

Dave

i love the effect of those torkers on that split, they look like deep sixes all round, i dont know whether its the tuck at the front that gives the effect. very very cool though :msn4:

i wonder if you took a new set and added a few layers of lacquer on top would it help with the salt and bloom issues. In my experience all wheels have the same problem, its not just MWS, who i do think get unwarranted flack but i guess their customer care/relations does need to improve.

I'm tempted by some fake Torkers now, grit blast them and stick them on my 54. 8)

Thanks, i though they suited it too 8)
yeah the lacquer bloomings always gonna be a problem with the bad weather we get dealt
i planned on just stripping the lacquer off the rim and having a polished rim once it started to happen but i didnt keep it long enough to have to do that
i loved the deep dish and nice tuck they have
my old bus only had a 4''narrowed beam, don't usually get that much tuck on a bus with a wheel with that much dish :D
Paul 8)

andewilson said:
mws seem pretty cheap but if things are cheap enough, every bugger will be running them. think tsw venoms, or evos, or three spokes back in the day :shock: . i like the research route, 70's chevy, jag, lotus, porsche rims. get some adapters knocked up or hubs redrilled and you have a set of rare rollers for a fraction of the price.

Or go to Image and design your own...........at a price!! 8) :lol:

Has anybody had any issues with mws fuchs on a crossover with flared arches?
A friend has a late bay with mws 15 fuchs , dropped, with 195x65x15 and he just gets away with it. Just!

I used them... bolts supplied were too long on the back though so had to cut them down. Summer use only ;)
olive_razor4.jpg

So how do the Art (Torker) wheels sit compared to a stock wheel? Do they stick out more or less?

With the JGE ones you have to run 10mm spacers so the spokes clear the drums, or you can notch the drums and spokes like Gadget did on the Duluxe panel van. They do stick out more than stock steels, but not sure of the exact offset.

Just fitted 14'' csp's on the front so I can bin 2 spacers :D