my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes johnny exactly the same as that one although that one is an rs and worth and absolute fortune :shock:

no van progress at the mo but my wife has given me the go ahead on the porker plan. so hoping for a test drive in it next week. :D

been a while since ive been on here. due to work commitments and the disappearence of earlybay of late :( so glad to have you back and a big cheers to the boys who run it.

not too much progress on the van as its been freezing but did get a few bits sent to the powder coaters

powder5.jpg

powder4.jpg

powder2.jpg

powder1.jpg

£50 for the lot :shock: now how cheap is that?. and the fact that they are 200 metres from my workshop :D

another couple of pics for you

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

some filth bag came to carry out his affair at my hotel the other day. i didnt want to inflate his ego but had to take a pic of his motor when he wasnt looking

inspired by the enzo, and the fact that i was bored the other day on ebay i bought these

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00161-1.jpg

after a bit of google i found that they could fit on the t4

they are of a ferrari 612 scaglietti 8 x 19 front and 10 x 19 bbs splits in 5 x 114.3. i plan to have the bolts holes opened to 16.5mm and fit them with wobble bolts. all of which doesnt get the t2 on the road but should get the t4 looking a bit posher.

as for the porsche, dont ask. the roof at home is dropping to bits so may see to any cash we had saved for that one :(

looking forward to the new year and completing the bus, the old one that is :D

got a bit of time round the workshop today. had a bit of a tidy to try and make some space to drop the bus down on its wheels again.

cut the tyres off my 16 inch spares to make them easier to store in the loft round there,

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

then tried to focus on the bus to get it ready for spraying

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00187-1.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

also tried my rims on the t4 the other day

DSC00172-1.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

had them machined today so now just on the hunt for some rubber to get them on.

hope to be hiring a trailor this friday to get the bus south for its new coat of paint. im a little scared at the thought of having to tow it but am extremely excited at the thought of getting it painted. :D who knows i may get it on the road this year.

The underneath of the bus looks immaculate 8)

Looking forward to the next installment ;)

Faster faster faster!!!! :mrgreen: 8)

Loving the chassis on your bus. Something for us all to aspire to.

went round the workshop tonight to give the bus a quick check over before its trip down south this saturday.
i realised that i had missed a few drill holes off the original part of my roof to fit the roof tent so had to fit the alloy trim

DSC00191.jpg

then gave the bus a bit of a wipe down ready to be wrapped in two rolls of black cling film my mate kindly robbed me from work ;)

its got a bit of a rake at the mo

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

a little bit nervous about towing it but i am sure ill get used to it over the four hours i am sure it will take me.

So, that is what they looked like new from the factory!!!

Stunning work dude, stunning. Problem is, you make me go back over and over parts to try and get them as good as yours :? you ***** :p :p

andewilson said:
a little bit nervous about towing it but i am sure ill get used to it over the four hours i am sure it will take me.

You should be fine bud, I did Norfolk to Wales with my bus which was epic. All in my Ford Mondeo. If you are using your T4 (and a diesel?), you should have an easier time.

I took this:

TrailertoAndyvans-SouthWales07-0-3.jpg

And came back with this:

IMG_1306.jpg

Just take your time, don't worry about the tailgating pr1cks behind you, just concentrate on what you are doing 8)

Also, make sure you have decent straps! I had 4 decent heavy-duty ratchet straps, then bought 2 lighter ones from ebay just to make sure. They were rubbish.

TrailertoAndyvans-SouthWales07-0-4.jpg

Andy

Looking good as ever, out of interest who is painting it for you?

hi graham, the bus is being painting by Nelly off here. the quality of his bus is second to none. it is a bit of a trek to get the bus all the way to andover, but it is guna be worth it.

went round there just now to do a weld i missed on the front passenger step so fingers crossed i have it ready. :D

this is so close... im excited for you :lol:

'Mr Smith's' Enzo has an N.I. number plate ENZ 111, very flash 8)

had such a busy day yesterday, my head was pounding all day with the list of jobs i had to. from fitting some new track rod ends the having the t4 four wheel aligned (due to the panic of towing), to cutting the wall down on my workshop to get the bus out.

the job began at 7pm

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

my temp wall was still quite hard to take down even after nearly five years so had to cut it down

finally got the bus on the trailer at 11pm and stored it at work for the night. set of at 6.30 am to get the bus down south

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

190 miles on the way down was a bit tense but broke the journey with a meeting with mr cunning plan to drop my role over bars off, and a meeting with mr pete nice to pick up some westy windows. proper road trip :D shat myself on the way down. the relief on the way back was worth it :D :D :D :D

andewilson said:
with mr cunning plan to drop my role over bars off

Yes, BIG thanks for remembering me and dropping them off. They will be a massive help to my project. They are still in the back of my Mondeo at the moment as I am still in Northampton but I will have a play when I am back and the beam is back on my bus (hopefully not too long).

I think your colour choice should be super good. Unique as well :mrgreen:

Here is the obligitory 'towing in the services picture' for you that I got as I drove off.

IMAG0706.jpg

:D

thats me and my friend alex walking into the garage, it was very closely followed by me eaing my way through three chocolate bars for breakfast and 1.5 litres of diet coke :? not the best diet but it did wake me up a bit. :D

Latest posts