my 68' bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
Nice work 8)
Hate it when the gas runs out, especially when you are on a roll :(

cheers mate 8)
know what you mean i would have had the inner valance done yesterday if i hadn't run out :?

woz said:
Great work - love the welding action shots!

cheers 8) mate popped round, didn't realise he had took the shots till inboxed them me on fb lol :lol:

Myvanway said:
Awesome Shaun. 8)

cheers mate 8)

Looks a nice job!!!!
I'm thinking of buying a little mig that runs on the little disposable bottles & teaching myself welding!!!!!!
How hard can it be ??? :lol:

Lee C said:
Looks a nice job!!!!
I'm thinking of buying a little mig that runs on the little disposable bottles & teaching myself welding!!!!!!

best thing to do is jump in and have a go 8) don't muck around with the disposable bottles though bloody rip off :evil: go for a hobby weld cylinder or local equivalent 8)

got some more done today 8) fetched some gas

welded in the inner valance and the outer valance too, happy shaun 8)

once outer tacked in i put the bumper back on to see if everything looked right 8)

once i had got the outer valance on i could make the inner valance closures

68_early_bay said:
Lee C said:
Looks a nice job!!!!

best thing to do is jump in and have a go 8) don't muck around with the disposable bottles though bloody rip off :evil: go for a hobby weld cylinder or local equivalent 8)

I used to have a big welder & gas bottle, but I had to have an account & pay rental etc, worked out a fortune each year & I never used it , the mechanics did!!!!

Can you get gas bottles without an account now?

sparkywig said:
Lee C said:
Can you get gas bottles without an account now?

Yes, I get mine from a company in Bristol called Runrite Ltd. They're a stockist for Adams Gas.

http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/product-category/hobby-welding-gas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

same here i have a local gas company in mansfield who does rent free small bottles, just £30 a refill 8)

sparkywig said:

cheers si

Dave.P said:
Beautiful bus, taking good care of it too. Good man !

thank you 8)

dazza1975 said:
That brings back memory's! Pain in the arse job but at least you have a garage!

Looking good bud! :D

cheers mate, garage is a godsend but my neck is killing me today though from welding on my back :lol:

Myvanway said:
Great work there Shaun.

cheers paul 8)

Latest posts