My 68 Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum and VW ownership so let me know what you all think to my first bay.

some pics

917018869403_0_BG.jpg

729917869403_0_BG.jpg

624458869403_0_BG.jpg

439917869403_0_BG.jpg

147666869403_0_BG-1.jpg

135914108403_0_BG-1.jpg

Just finished a few small mods lowering and a few cosmetic add ons

100707054131.jpg

101407030426.jpg

101407030412.jpg

Started to fit her out for camping got a rock and roll bed but wasn't really liking it.

101507061856.jpg

anyone got any idea's? I want to keep it orig but wanted a camper thats why i bought a van so something has to give i guess

Cheers

Dave

Bloody hell, that's gorgeous, well done!

And welcome to the forum, :wink: :wink:

You can't beat an original and period westy interior in my opinion, for what it's worth......but hey, it's your bus, if you're happy with what you do that's all that matters.

Where did you find that beauty then?

Carole

She is fecking lovely I would ditch the bed and replace the interior but hunt out some Z-products mate and convert the rear bench to a bed. It would be a shame to waste that red interior. The kits are rare as rocking horse shit but come up from time to time.

8)

Aaron is right - get some Z-bed bits so that you can keep the interior as orig as
poss, but still allows a rear bed!!!

That bus is blindin' man - good call 8)

That interior is absolutely lovely! You even have a 2-seat middle seat; I've seen only one of those in person in my whole life down here. And it all looks like great condition, it seems like a shame to ditch it.

But hey, your bus. She's real sweet man.

Cheers, A.

cheers i really like her cost me a few quid to.

The bus is from the US as you can tell from the plates.

Want to keep as much of the original interior as possible n the middle seat is safely wrapped up in my shed so i can put it back to original micro bus for the odd show or two.

Yer i agree with you all i really wanna keep the back bench seat i'll have to try n find one of these z products.

anyone got a link or any pics?

thanks for all the advice i really appriciate it.

Dave

Right i'm a man with a new mission find and fit these z bed conversion thingy!

I have no clue where to find one though?

seen as you all seem to be VW nuts and i'm a tool if anyone can find me a complete set of these magical z hinges i'll offer a small reward say £20?

Cheers

Dave

Engine Bay

824458869403_0_BG.jpg

still on original engine just covered 77500 miles with most of its service and mot history

and a few more randoms

947666869403_0_BG.jpg

747666869403_0_BG.jpg

717018869403_0_BG.jpg

625914108403_0_BG.jpg

holy shit doood! thats an ace orginal bus!! welcome to the forum and have fun in it!

Cover the rock n roll the same as the rest of the interior to try and make it look as original is my opinion 8)

it was lowered by Spike at house of dubs i think is his workshop name

Lowered on creative adjusters and fitted with short shocks.

Just a nice height i wanted it silly low at first but also wanted to keep my original wheels and still have some crusing speed so we came to this height as you can still have decent depth of tyre and cruises at 60 with out any worries.

Decided if i cant find any Z Hinges i am going to make a simple sleeping system like my mate has in his adventure wagon where you just fold out a board off the parcel shelf which fits into hooks on the sides to hold the bed.

Still going to find some of these Z Hinges at sme point though!

Latest posts