My 69 "Ex Volks Tuning" Panel , build /make over thread.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of work involved there mate but it will be killer when it is finished !! 8)

Cheers Grazy ,yeh it's turned into a hefty job for sure considering there's no rust .I think it will look a nice honest panel once done.
Cheers Ja

Another updated pic from this week ,Hopfully end of next week should see it ready for some primer :)))

Few more updated pics for the thread .Hopfully another month and I will finally have it back home to start fitting some of the nice pieces I've collected back on .Plus a whole heap of wax oiling .

Looking forward to seeing it in its new Fontana L595 grey coat .
Time ,price and patience have run away ,let's hope it's worth it !

That will look sweet when finished - great work on the body and undercoat :)

Lol ,I've got a 8 year old who I'm sure won't want to be all presious with it .To be honest I want a nice usable van and not a show trophy .I personally love the true patina look ,but unfortunately this panel was in a tired 8-10 year old paint job ,so I had to make a choice .Just wish it hadn't gone way above the original figure I had hoped to spend on the paint .The trouble is when that happens aside from being painful on the pocket not to mention stressful ,is that you find your self being quite picky over details that on a 3.5k job you would live with .
Will update once it has the first coat of grey which I believe is inside the bus before outside.

Cheers Grazy ,I'm really looking forward to seeing it all fitted back together .Finally get to use my BUGTECH shifter which has been boxed for months .

Cheers guys, I hope to have a couple more pics of progress today so will post them up . Is there still a local club running Easy?

Currently the club i used to run has finished, but load sof us still go away to events and stuff. I will keep you posted :mrgreen:

Wow nice job on the prep and paint. Who did the work? Looked like a very good van to start with so good on you for taking it to the next level. Nice to see another eb panel owner in Bristol! 8)

Latest posts