my 69er! Now fully restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny said:
talking of the red nine kit, is there anywhere supplies replacement bushes/grommets for the coilovers as mine are shot.

you can get them for red 9, not sure if anyone else does them.
http://www.red9design.com/type2.htm

as far as i know you dont need to specify.well i didnt! got mine from vw speedshop, cheapest i could find.

http://www.vwspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=437

steve92 said:
Daryl said:
Hi Steve, nice to meet you last night. Thought i'd check out the site on your recommendation!
Love the bus!
I agree witht the others, keep the dents!
Daryl

hi daryl. cool to meet you guys too. nice to have a local meet to go to at last! you do realise that now you found early bay, vzi will be history!! :lol: :lol:

Ha, indeed. I've been going on brickyard a lot since i got the T3 multi. I find it's more about the cars on there too.
I mainly check out vzi for the classifieds, still on the look out for my other project :)

steve92 said:
Johnny said:
talking of the red nine kit, is there anywhere supplies replacement bushes/grommets for the coilovers as mine are shot.

you can get them for red 9, not sure if anyone else does them.
http://www.red9design.com/type2.htm

nice one cheers. :wink:

also found out they charge £30 if you want your bars shortened for a narrow beam 8) , should save on buying adjusters and welding them in.

sounds good! would be cool to 2" narrow one day. really like that look. although any more it reminds me of the old commer vans!!

Have I just bumped into your bus at Dubtricks (not literally!)? Looks awesome dude, love the rims!

My missus is a big fan of you curtains and wicker basket for what its worth!!

sorry dorma, your post slipped under my radar! or should that be radars! :wink: yep it sure was my bus. its first trip to dubtricks. my girlfriend is chuffed someone likes her hand crafted curtains!

so, a few updates! after a short spell at dubtricks near harogate(vw heaven!) the bus has now had a tap from the stick, in the form of 3" lowered red 9 spring plates.the easy rider up front has been wound down to suit. it now has an ignitor in the dizzy,and the steering play has been reduced(no constant correction needed now!) drives real nice now.have also just swapped the indicator lenses for clear ones.here's some pics!

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

heres one for mrs dorma 71! sorry i didnt get the wicker basket in!
DSC00183.jpg

hey steve, your bus is lookin cool as.....
all it needs is that 3 bow roofrack sat on top :D
i hope you & the rack got home safley from holton classics :)
cheers bruce
p.s get the rack on there :lol:

yeah got home fine matey.had to take the rack apart though :oops: its in the garage in bits still! hope you enjoyed the rest of the show.

not an update, just wanted to share some holiday pics! just got back from a twelve night stay in the bus, taking in shrewsbury folk festival an overnight in devon, followed by 7 days in cornwall.well impressed with the bus.it was about a thousand mile trip,and the old boy didnt miss a beat!

aftermath of a shower at shrewsbury
IMGP0039.jpg

overnight in devon
IMGP0046.jpg

some buses along the way
IMGP0120.jpg

IMGP0118.jpg

IMGP0119.jpg

IMGP0063.jpg

cornish singers at seenan cove.spot the bay!
IMGP0132.jpg

a local meeting place?
IMGP0087.jpg

our fave place, cadgewith
IMGP0054.jpg

campsite at padstow
IMGP0136.jpg

port issac
IMGP0187.jpg

and finally proof that we made it!
IMGP0115.jpg

Looks like a great time was had, and some awesome pics Steve. Looks like you visited some nice sights on your way down!

yeah we had a great time! hope you enjoyed yours. cant wait to go back! think i need to learn to surf before next time :D

steve92 said:
yeah we had a great time! hope you enjoyed yours. cant wait to go back! think i need to learn to surf before next time :D

:lol: :lol: I'm with you on that one, my attempts were pretty dire and tiring!!