My '72 Danbury Crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Only found this forum recently after owning my bay for about 5 years now!
She was a bit of an impulse buy, I had always wanted a split after being around the vw scene in the late 80's, a couple of mates had vw's but I had another classic so couldn't afford a 3rd vehicle. I was shocked on prices of splits and ended up viewing this '72 in the dark (smart move) but as was almost 100% original we went for it with intentions of camping loads.
Turns out she was patched up for sale with lots of filler and paint and despite looking decent in the picture the rot is now coming through with vengance, I've made a start though and she still has an MOT so will be camping again this summer before hacking into the bigger pieces.
I've recently been mucking around with a Mig and decided to tacke the passenger door first as it wasn't too bad but ended up replacing the skin and the lower 3rd of the door, took some time but its a great job and looks and fits perfect, next up the sills.
Hope the piccy works.

Mags
DSCN2979.jpg

welcome fella, I think we've all viewed busses by pics and in the dark.......

almost bought one once :shock:

Latest posts