My Early Bay(s)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyx

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been browsing around here for a long time now, too ashamed to show you what I've got. Looked at post from Tintin, Alfie and the likes and consider these guys to be artists. I'm from South Africa and although we hate to see you Brits import our stuff and fully knowing that you guys can't play Rugby or cricket, there is no denying that you can weld. :twisted:

I have/had a couple of splits

this one now living in the UK
1964 Bus
64split4.jpg

1959 Samba
Samba.jpg

1960 Microbus
1960Microbus.jpg

1975 Single cab
Craffy.jpg

Now looking like this
smallcraffie.jpg

1957 standard Kombi(gave it to my son)
57.jpg

So I always wanted a Bay Westy. Got this one but it looked so "bad", I started looking for a donor shell imediately. Now I know you guys would have fixed this over a weekend but I just don't have the skills.
Westy2.jpg

Got this baby last week. Will now transfer Westy interior to "new" bus.
Still not sure whether I should cut the roof for the pop-top or drive a tin-top.
Will keep you posted.
Kombi1.jpg

Kombi2.jpg

you have a collection anyone would be proud of! :eek: , hows the samba coming along?

welcome to EB :D

welcome welcome 8) keep the tintop and send me the westy, i will take care of it for you :wink:

Johnny said:
you have a collection anyone would be proud of! :eek: , hows the samba coming along?

welcome to EB :D

Thanks guys...the Samba is now in a serious planning phase. I more or less know what I need and will start ordering soon. Problem is, I will most likely have to sell the SC.

easy said:
welcome welcome 8) keep the tintop and send me the westy, i will take care of it for you :wink:
:) I wouldn't doubt that for one second!

scott wilson said:
welkom meneer
... :lol: Dankie Scotty!

Time for an update.
I was about to start the "conversion" when I heard about a 69 Sunroof Delux up for grabs. I planned to cut the roof of the red bus, to make full use of the pop-top so this got my attention.
Although it was not in as good a condition as the red bus, I decided to sell the red one and buy the Delux. After a new coat of paint, I plan to put back all the Delux trim. I also would like to put back the chrome beadings in the window rubbers. How do I remove them without damaging them? I plan to paint her Chrome Yellow. Do you guys have any nice pics in this color? Enough questions...meet Big Bertha!

Delux.jpg

another good looking bus with all the deluxe bits in tact, i want those rear bumper trims :)

Hi mate cool buses ,On that sad looking westy was some sort of homemade light guard , dont supposeyou still have it and want to get rid of it do you , As it would look good on my van 8)
Pm me if you want to sell it

Latest posts