My Jordan Crossing Ministries bus!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The God Bus

Reaction score
Ok so I have been registered on this forum for some time and I’ve only just got round to sorting out this thread (queue the insults from Gadget Boy as he has been moaning at me constantly to do this thread :lol: !!)

I brought the bus from Monkeyspinner Tim back in April 2008. Tim imported the bus from Sacramento and in landed in the UK Jan 08. (Previous thread link http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4912&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The day I brought it pic’s
Image063.jpg

Image065.jpg

Image088-1.jpg

When I brought the bus it came with an engine but I had to fit it in - first job then! Once I got it running I started the strip down, as you can see in the above pics in the past this bus has had a bump on the front which was ‘repaired’... yeah with an inch of filler which I found after the time team dig had finished on it! After the filler was out I found 130 holes in the panel from where somebody tried to pull the front panel out with a slide hammer!

Imageg.jpg

Imagej.jpg

Repair of the front panel:

Picture152.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Not that much welding on this bus, had a bit on the cab floor, cargo floor and the front panel where the window seal had leaked!

Got my hands on a sweet interior (minus the hinges Arrrhhhh!) Had to buy another bed for the missing hinges to complete my set - opps got an extra gift with this bed… I think you might know this as an BLACK WIDOW SPIDER :animal0017: :confused0068: ! Its now called a fooking dead black widow spider!! (Thank god my misses would not be using this bus otherwise!)

Picture048.jpg

Happy Birthday to me my misses got me these flat 4's, I was well happy :D

Picture062.jpg

Would be wrong to ride on these rims without slamming and narrowing the front beam!! Narrowing the beam was one big greasy massive task... honestly I really would not be arsed to do again :evil:

Picture075.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Ok nearly there… I couldn’t resist but I had to get the sign writing back on :jesus: !!!!!!!!

Picture092.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Now I got to the point of this project when I wanted to pull out the few remaining hairs on my head… Couldn’t get my hands on the wheel adaptors to fit them rims… so I modified and fitted Porsche 911 brakes on the front (which wasn’t as hard as I thought) and got the back adaptors from cool air 8) I think its safe to say my bus will stop!

One day of good mopping and hay presto one shinny bus! Guess what side I did 1st!!

Picture059.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Looking forward to using it, I have now MOT’d and registered it!

Big thanks… firstly to my misses Amy for massive patience and her big purse! Rude not to also thank Gadget boy - cheers for all your help and drinking us dry!! :alc: :beerchug:

I hope I have put enough picture up - I like seeing other peoples bus picture!!

Let the good times roll!

The transformations amazing, loving the sign writing, flat 4's look awesome.
Cool bus mate...
Andy

I second what Ands1 (Andy) said - that is some transformation!

Fantastic work, and a lovely looking bus 8)

Good work fella

With you spreading the gospel according to Earlybay in this sweet bus there will be many more converts this season. :mrgreen:

Right on Bruva

Lovely bus mate , would like some info on how you done signwriting and what paint was used etc PM me so not to spoil your thread 8)

Hi!

Love this bus!

You gonna need one of these............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/dashboard-wobble-jesus-vw-camper-beetle-rat-god-goth_W0QQitemZ370210149179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56323e933b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
You gonna need one of these............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/dashboard-wobble-jesus-vw-camper-beetle-rat-god-goth_W0QQitemZ370210149179QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56323e933b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

True! :mrgreen: Lovely bus and great birthdaypresent from your misses! 8)

very niiiiice!

there really are some nice EBs coming on the scene now and i think they are starting to superceed (sp?!?) all those ratty slammed splittys that we see again and again in mags and at shows....wow... i nearly dozed off just thinking and typing about them!!!! :lol:

a big pat on the back for everyone!!!!! 8)

Paul

Glad to see you finally post some pictures of the 'God Bus', looks great mate :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See you soon no doubt,

Latest posts