My Lilac Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateLovesPurple

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Danbury
I started the resto about 2 years ago and have kept a very sporadic photo diary. 'bout time I posted some of the pics so here they are. Its just a selection of the better ones. Hope you like!

PICT0027.jpg

The drivers side floor pan was rotten , and underneath was yuk!

IMAG0002.jpg

New steel. Much better.

IMAG0066.jpg

Front valance cut off.

before.jpg

Front valance on!

PICT0001.jpg

Loads of fresh steel later!

DSCF0061.jpg

Big pile of spaghetti. Fitting the wiring for the stereo, extra gauges, alarm, central locking and electric windows. Looks better now!

DSCF0064.jpg

Engine built. 1641 with twin carbs off my type 3.

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

My cab interior light mod.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

All the work that was needed for the drivers door. Passenger door was even less!

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Rear valance and engine lid with its first coat of paint.

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

The top half after 4 coats of white. 2 more coats to do.

Hopefully I will be taking a week of work later this month and I should be able to get the rest of the paint work done.

I can finally see the light now at the end of the tunnel.

Not far now dude! nice work :wink:

Scampi said:
That looks like some ace work there.

Wiring looks like it could be fun :lol:

It was! That wasn't the worst part though, that was re doing the graft in the loom underneath the front floor where a previous owner had grafted in a new front loom section with crimps! I had to cut it out again and re do it all properly with soldered joints and heatshrink. Not fun lying on your back with solder dripping on your chest!

Spent the whole day sanding and prepping today.

left.jpg

Left

right.jpg

Right

front.jpg

Front

Purple dust everywhere! And I mean everywhere! How the hell it got there I really don't know!

aircoolerej said:
Great googly-moogly, man! Is everyone in the UK a master welder?!

I'm speechless.

:shock:

Erm, no! Evidence of a lack of skill can be seen on my resto thread! :oops:

Madman,
Your resto looks fantastic - love the colour too!
Looks like you've got the sides really straight - going to look brill with a purple top coat on, can't wait to see it! 8)

;)

Keep them pics coming fella, good work there well done :wink:

Finished the white now and started on the bottom colour. These pics are after the first coat of colour done yesterday. I think its awesome! But then I would!

DSCF0036.jpg

Left side

DSCF0040.jpg

Rear

DSCF0042.jpg

Left reaf quarter

DSCF0041.jpg

Right rear quarter

The paint is going on a treat!

Finished the paint now!! Well, apart from the doors, still got to finish them. Even though I say so myself, I think its looking real good! There are a couple of runs to take care of but they will wait.

Now the refitting starts. Its surprising how many bits there are to put back!

DSCF0050.jpg

Front

DSCF0048.jpg

Back

DSCF0046.jpg

I even colour coded the steering wheel! Sad!

Very nice and its going to look spot on and looking forward to seeing it when finished and thanks for all the pictures great stuff :D

I finished the paint on my bus ages ago but I haven't taken any decent photos yet. Here is the only reasonable photo I have got so far. Must go take a load soon.

bus.jpg

Whatcha think? You like?

Finally got round to taking a few more pictures of the bus. All thats left to do now is bleed the brakes, MOT and build the interior. Not too much!!

Front.JPG

side.JPG

engine.JPG

door.JPG

dash.JPG

I love the colour! Can't wait to drive it now. :D

halfpint_fighter said:
Looking good. I like the extra gauges under the stereo, how did you make the surround?

I cut down a glove box lid. It needs redoing really though.

Latest posts