My Montana Red sunroof deluxe new stance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete

Looks good mate but you should have put the deluxe trim into the rubber before putting the screen back in, much, much easier that way rather than trying to get it in afterwards.

Have you managed to unblock the sunroof drain holes yet??

Graham L said:
Pete

Looks good mate but you should have put the deluxe trim into the rubber before putting the screen back in, much, much easier that way rather than trying to get it in afterwards.

Oh Cock is my response to this,

not tackled the drain holes yet, I am looking for an appropriate tool, do you have anything i can borrow

A Gadget is very useful, and I must thank him again for his help. however you do need to keep your gadget well fed and watered or there is trouble :msn4:

Pete

petegee56 said:
Graham L said:
Pete

not tackled the drain holes yet, I am looking for an appropriate tool, do you have anything i can borrow

A Gadget is very useful, and I must thank him again for his help. however you do need to keep your gadget well fed and watered or there is trouble :msn4:

Pete

I did exactly the same thing, hence why my deluxe trim is still sitting in the shed 2 years later!

petegee56 said:
Graham L said:
Pete

Pete

still struggling to clear mine :cry:

Well here we go again

d160792e.jpg

was driving along tuesday on route to a classic car show when i went to change gear and the clutch peddle just went loose and i could not select a gear,

so back down to deanos and engine out and this is what i found

f0ac5b47.jpg

6c2df4f9.jpg

b1b6973d.jpg

clutch bearing was brand new when i put the engine in :evil:

Anyway no other damage done and should be able to get it back up and running in the morning, hope so anyway as im off to cornwall for two weeks on monday :D

got to love these damn things eh, anyway a cool shot to keep my spirits up

2eb46575.jpg

Well been away to cornwall for two weeks in the bus, the new engine was awesome, it was built to get me up and down the m5 and the hills of devon and cornwall and i did just that. i accelerated up most hills which was a novelty and was great on the motorway. Anyway i did not really take any pictures, and most were taken on my iphone and i had my finger over the lense :roll: Not a single HDR shot mind, matt maz provides enough of those :D

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

the sunroof deluxe view ;)

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

managed to get lots of surfing done and treated myself to a new toy

IMG_0314.jpg

and finally an awesome photo taken by a friend on the way home

DSC03533.jpg

isnt it great to get out and use them.

Hi Pete, glad you had an awesome time and the van went well. I can imagine it made such a difference having the new engine to push you along 8)

It certainly looked like you were lucky with the weather :D

petegee56 said:
Not a single HDR shot mind, matt maz provides enough of those

I bring back a crate of Jupiler for you and this is the thanks I get :shock: I don't suppose you got me any Addlestones Cider did you?!..........and for that reason I will leave you with this :mrgreen:

6c51f493.jpg

61dcaf64.jpg

Pete I must say again I love your bus. I love it more every time I look at it. See u at Vanfest???????

Rusty Lee said:
Pete I must say again I love your bus. I love it more every time I look at it. See u at Vanfest???????

Thanks dude, without wanting to start some weird love in the feeling towards your bus is mutual, you have to love montana red. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend so cant make vanfest

Pete

jjbay79 said:
awesome bus pete 8)
is your beam narrowed 2 or 4 inches as thats the exact look i'm aiming for..

Yes 2 inch narrowed beam, not sure what the offset of the wheels are which will make a difference on how narrow something looks

Pete

Well not updated this for a while, not done much over the winter other than mess with my sunroof which broke at the end of last year. As usual I did not photograph this process, probably a good job as it was one of the most infuriating things to try it fix ever however after much swearing and taking apart and putting back together I have sorted it, which has been great in the crazy march sunshine.

Anyway the real update is I have finally taken the motor on the rolling road, went to a guy called Peter burgess who is in alfreton in Derbyshire. Him and Keith hippey are top guys and did a great job can't recommend them enough,

130f2a7a.jpg

The noise on this video makes me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Came of with 107 bhp and 115 ft lbs torque at the flywheel and 85 bhp 104 ft lbs torque at the wheels which I am more than happy with

886eaa9c.jpg

Now to treat myself do I go out and buy a csp shifter that machine 7 have in stock or order a berg and wait :?:

Pete

Nice ! Had to go back a few pages and see wot engine it was with them figures, thought it was a 1776 ! Just built a 1776 for mine and its chucking out 50 at the wheels, bet it flies with that pushing it along. Love the vid, I would look at the Vintage Speed bus shifter dude looked spot on at VoWo show. Dan told me all about it, you have to lift to get reverse and it does not use the original change plate, looks a nice piece of kit.

Latest posts