New engine needed / rear engine mounting bar question???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
I think this may have been covered before but here goes....

Looking for a new engine for my bus 68 prob a 1600 but poss a 1776. What full flow oil system should I use or what will fit with the rear engine mounting bar. Do oil pump take off's fit??

What do I need to be carefull of when buying an engine with regard to fitting my bus??

Don't want a turnkey to turn up and then find out I can't use the exhaust or full flow bits and I don't want to modify the rear bar either!!!

Any help much appreciated.

Ta

well if your goin for a turnkey then you should explain to them that it is goin in a 68 bus they SHOULD know what to do from there. otherwise most take offs will fit. as long as they arent the all in one units (take off and filter as 1 unit)

some engine cases do not have the mounting holes to attach to the engine mounting bar. kits can be bought to fit these cases to your engine mounting bar but because they bolt on to your oil pump you cannot fit a oil pump take off. so anothe way of full flowing is needed.

Latest posts