New Member interested in 1968 T2 Devon on E-bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayB71

Reaction score
Hi to you all. I'm new to the forum and the VW aircool scene. I would like some help and advice from you all. I have been interested in VW's especially aircooled buses, beetles and Carmen Ghia's since I was 17 but never took the plunge. Alas the years move on but my interest hasn't wavered, but increased to the point where I want to take the plunge and buy a bus! I like the split screen buses and early bay's 68 to 72. I've been watching a RHD T2 68 on e-bay Reg LTC 768F e-bay number 231055913936. Buyer wants £11.500 for her. I'm in contact with the buyer but will have more details from him in a few days. I would like to know any info on the bus, if anybody knows any history of her and any tips hints on what to look for. I understand that the bottom sills and anything underneath must be as rot free as poss and is paramount when considering a UK bus of this vintage. Cheers Jay :D .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231055913936?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D231055913936%26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks a nice van and good value if its as described. Best bet is to go and have a look.

Is it just me that sees a load of filler?

Is it just me that sees a load of filler?

Nope, tread very cautiously with RHD buses. (guess how I know :msn4: ?)

Hope you find a nice one. This one has been for sale for a while, I've seen it on Ebay in the past.

looks like a cool bus but bit of a woolly description for me, statements like 'no filler' and 'pulls like no other VW' are garbage

I'd expect to pick up a sweet bus for 11,5k..

I only paid 6,5k for mine but it is LHD so I guess a RHD bus in good nick would command a premium

Agree with Clem, I see lots of filled and poor shut lines. It's also from a car dealer not a private seller so be very wary. Personally it's too expensive for what it is.

I would invest you cash in a bus from America, I have had both and won't even entertain a RHD now.

If interested go and have a look. But PLEASE TAKE SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOWS T2s WITH YOU!!!!! :D

(The filler thing is not such an issue if it is limited to a skim or so over repairs.)

That bus has been on eBay a fair few times and to be honest is well over-priced for a model that isn't especially desirable. The fact that you posted on here means you're in doubt, and where there's doubt, there's no doubt.
Your best bet is to keep an eye on the classified ads here and buy something with confidence rather than some muggy trader and his generic one liners.

Thanks for all your advice gang, Ive taken on board what's been said. Thanks for letting me know its been on ebay before. The Dealer hasn't got back to me with any resto pic's ive asked him to email me on sunday. So ill see if he gets back in touch. I too can see what I thought was filler! As said I have doubts and that's why your info helps. Glad I'm now on the Forum Cheers Jay. :D

If you look at the extra pictures on the E Bay listing, the last 2 photos show you just how much filler there is in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SiDev said:
That bus has been on eBay a fair few times and to be honest is well over-priced for a model that isn't especially desirable. The fact that you posted on here means you're in doubt, and where there's doubt, there's no doubt.
Your best bet is to keep an eye on the classified ads here and buy something with confidence rather than some muggy trader and his generic one liners.

why is the model not desirable?

Latest posts