New van to the fleet

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squareweave

Reaction score
This is what late night Craigslist surfing will get you. Found this van in Oregon and had it shipped up to Canada. Didn't need it but since having a OG paint 70 Hardtop Westy already I thought this would be a good addition and cruiser to have and bomb around on the weekend. The Westy is fun to drive but I have always liked Deluxes. I originaly thought that I would clean it up and sell it, but now that I have it at home this one is staying. It is ULTRA clean, all original paint and the undercarriage in absolutely perfect. It has never been undercoated and the paint on the inner fenders and underside is beautiful. Just a bit of scale at the bottom of the windsheild. Plans are to buff out the OG paint, have paintless dent removal pull the minor door dents, put a fresh interior in it and detail it to the max and enjoy. Previous owner used spot putty to fill the blems on the paint but thank goodness that it comes of with your finger nail and didn't damage the paint.

First bath:
631299.jpg

631300.jpg

The westy in the garage.
631301.jpg

I'll start a new post and keep you posted once I start tearing into it.

freddie said:
Really like this :)

Keeping it stock or slamming it?

Probably going to keep it stock. I bought it with intentions of slamming it with link pin front end and run my early 4.5 and 5.5 Fuchs but I don't have the balls to notch an undercarriage that is this nice, and if I 'm going to lower it it is go big or go home so probably stock for now.

CHILDSEY said:
Looks like you`re going to need a bigger garage :D
Love you`re white Westy and the green one
was a good find!
Cheers Paul.

Yes, bigger garage is on my list, but my wife would like a view. I'm still trying to sell her on the view from the kitchen window when all of the VW's are home. Her idea of a view is the pacific ocean ($$$$$).Thanks god for friends with barns. I can only keep one VW at home at a time and the rest I store in a big barn close to home. I don't like to leave them out to the elements if I can help it.

Latest posts