Newcomer Intro

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoy the Boy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile camper
Hi fellow Early Bay Owners,

I'm based in Bidford-on-Avon and have a 1970 Dormobile camper which is pretty standard.

I'm looking to fit late bay headrests to the existing early bay seats. So I have a few questions.
1. Where can I get a pair of late bay headrests
2. Can anyone recommend a fairly local trimmer to fit them. I notice Bromsgrove Trim Shop has been recommended

Many thanks all,

Jules

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I reckon the best place to ask for late bay seat headrests may be on thelatebay.com, but you may have to change to late bay seats as the structure is different to accept the headrests.
@Graham L (Midland Early Bay) isn’t far from you in Redditch.

Hi Jules, as sparky has already pointed out the seat design on late bays is different and they have a structure designed to take the headrests, you might be able to modify your existing seats but the covers would need to be removed to do it or swap to a set of late bay seats with headrests but the runners and different, that’s why a lot of people fit aftermarket seats ( we’ve just fitted a set of MGTF seats in the Crewcab for this very reason)

With regards to trimming our go to is Stewart Rockcliffe at VHS trimming in Stoke Prior ( he used to work for Bromsgrove) and is top notch

Hi Jules, welcome. Got some photos?

Hi Graham,
do you have pictures of your MGTA seats installed? Are these Ferrari seats as the old MG TA seats don’t seem to have headrests? Any modifications needed doing?
How much were the seats?
Thank you

Hi Graham,
do you have pictures of your MGTA seats installed? Are these Ferrari seats as the old MG TA seats don’t seem to have headrests? Any modifications needed doing?
How much were the seats?
Thank you
Thanks for this info. I know, use and rate Graham @ Midland Early Bay. I've also contacted Stewart at VHS whom I met at Overland Adventure show last w/e. Here's a few pictures of my bus and one of the driver's seat.

Attachments

• 20220610_124307.jpg
    20220610_124307.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220521_213840.jpg
    20220521_213840.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220521_164106.jpg
    20220521_164106.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 13
Hi Graham,
How much were the seats?
Thank you
MGF/TF as in the modern version not the the classic one

MGF/TF as in the modern version not the the classic one
Many people use MG-F or MG-TF 6 x 15 inch alloy wheels (28 mm offset) on Triumph Dolomites & Toledos. I have MG 2000 Maestro 5.5 x 15 inch alloy wheels (31 mm offset) on my Triumph Toledo; these being better suited to the car for both technical & aesthetic reasons.

Hi Jules, as sparky has already pointed out the seat design on late bays is different and they have a structure designed to take the headrests, you might be able to modify your existing seats but the covers would need to be removed to do it or swap to a set of late bay seats with headrests but the runners and different, that’s why a lot of people fit aftermarket seats ( we’ve just fitted a set of MGTF seats in the Crewcab for this very reason)

With regards to trimming our go to is Stewart Rockcliffe at VHS trimming in Stoke Prior ( he used to work for Bromsgrove) and is top notch
I can also recommend Stew at VHS. He's re-trimmed my bus completely now - including a new headliner. His work is faultless and of *very* high quality. And he's a proper nice bloke too :D

Latest posts