NINOVE 2011

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham L said:
Hi pete
I'm staying at the same place and in the same crossing, what time you planning on getting to ashford?

Am aiming for about 7pm depending on traffic, think it's a bit of a lottery, sometimes it's been clear, others a nightmare!
Recon on about two and a half hours, so will leave 4.00, 4.30 ish and get a bite to eat when I get there.

How does that fit in with your plans?

Matt, thanks for the advice, I'll bring plenty of ear plugs to hand out!!! :lol:

EDIT; Just checked on AA routeplanner, says 2hrs 47mins to hotel, so leaving no later than 4.00pm. Well.... thats the plan..... :roll:
Oh, 17 miles, 21mins from hotel to chunnel. :D

Pete B said:
Graham L said:
Hi Pete

What time are you heading down to Dover, wondered about meeting up but we know what happened last time I did that!!

G.
Have got a Premier Inn booked at Ashford for the Friday night, so food, shower and comfy bed for Friday :D .
'tis Folkstone rather than Dover for the chunnel (just being an arse, sorry!) and looking at the booking confirmation right now, check in closes at 06.50 with a departure time of 07.20. Arrive in Calais at 08.55 local time (1hr ahead?)
think there are two or three Premier Inns at Ashford, the one I have booked is Ashford North, and was only £35. Probably has something very loud going on all night if that is the normal price....... :roll:

We are all there too and on that crossing! We doing early morning calls? :mrgreen:

May be struggling now as some of you may have seen, Monty decided to throw his oil out all over the rolling road this afternoon whilst he was having a tune up before the run to Ninove. The oil pipe to the external oil filter decided to split (this was new pipe from a well known supplier less than 12 months ago).

Engine was turned off quickly but it still made a mess, new pipe on order and hope the engines OK but won't be able to find out until we fire it up again tomorrow. The only good bit was it made 80hp before losing the oil with a bit more to go, still running a bit rich :mrgreen:

Sh*t!!!! mines due to be tuned on the rolling road on thursday morning. Fingers cross :D

Hope you get it sorted Graham

Listening to 'Absolute Radio' and they have just mentioned CB radio and that there never seems to be anyone using it.

Old subject now, but why is there no one on there and is anyone (other than me and Graham L) on this run with one? Would be soooo good with plenty of users! ;)

thats a big 10/4 from me, i have one :oops: :shock:

Only ever spoken to a trucker on the M25 about 3 years ago :lol: :lol:

Pete B said:
Listening to 'Absolute Radio' and they have just mentioned CB radio

Was that Absolute 80's you were listening to? ;)

Slammed said:
I will go to Ninove if it kills me. :rocknroll:

Join the club mate but is it getting there or the Wiktap thats going to kill you :lol: :lol:

Airtime said:
Weatherforecast looks great for the weekend! Sunny, not much wind and 11degC! 8)

Not so sure about that after a night on the beer!! :D

Glad things seem to be going better (touch wood) for some after this weeks traumas. Have yet to start prepping my bus, have not even started it up for nearly a fortnight. With not working this week was hoping to have plenty of time, but finding a 'new' car for my dear old Dad has taken a little longer than expected :roll:
Had better crack on now I can.......

So having finished work early today, ilI thought I'd get the van on the ramp to see if I could sort my horrible squeaking coming fron the front......whilst looking I realised that both front flexi brake lines were shot!!!!

This was 4pm so it was a quick dash to gsf before they closed so that I could still make it to ninove. Being a novice to mechanics, ollie offered to come over after his shift at work at 11pm if I got stuck! Luckily for him I managed to get then changed and were all set to leave first thing tommorow :)

Have a safe journey everyone and we will see you Saturday :)

569afc09-790f-6915.jpg

569afc09-7928-9c54.jpg

guidddo said:
cu saterday, and please a bit quiet . . . cause last year . . :lol:

The SSVC was kind enough to allow some guests to stay overnight at their venue. They did not have to do this, it was an act of kindness. They specifically asked people to be quiet later in the evening, due to many of the organisers having to get up at 5.00am to carry out tasks concerned with running the event.

Maybe you were not aware of the request by SSVC?

Pete B said:
guidddo said:
cu saterday, and please a bit quiet . . . cause last year . . :lol:

The SSVC was kind enough to allow some guests to stay overnight at their venue. They did not have to do this, it was an act of kindness. They specifically asked people to be quiet later in the evening, due to many of the organisers having to get up at 5.00am to carry out tasks concerned with running the event.

Maybe you were not aware of the request by SSVC?

:lol:

Something must be wrong. Planned to leave at 4pm, it's now 5 to 3 and baring filling the cool box, I'm ready :shock: :shock: :shock:
Checked tyres, brakes, oil etc. Bus clean inside and out. Toothbrush, spare pants and duvet loaded. Stuff for Airtime loaded. Cooker etc on board, chilli to go in the coolbox. Nearly forgot my passport and have just now rung the insurers to say I'm going abroad.
I must have forgotten something, getting worried........aha, camera, forgot the camera!!!! Feel better now :D

Party on!!!!!

Latest posts