ok its insurance time again!!!!! what you paying?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I called Cherished tonight and was quoted £170 for my 69 microbus lhd, agreed value of 10k, national and euro 90 day breakdown cover and 5000 mile a year. 49, off road parking, no mods.

Interesting to see some of their other quotes. Might call them back and barter ;)

Whatever the outcome they beat the pants off Adrian Flux, not impressed and be glad to get rid.

i went with peter best (for insurance i must add :lol: )

http://www.peterbestinsurance.co.uk/ClassicVehicles.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from memory paying about £160 for comp, european breakdown and no quibble valuation of £20k

Pretty good thread so far, with a good x section of replies, keep it coming, i'm gonna try RH and cherished next.

Just renewed today,second year with RH,after recommends from this site,£148 fully comp,full breakdown three named drivers,and modified 16k agreed,cant say better really!!!!

sparkywig said:
Heritage at Norton Insurance.
£68 fully comp, 5000 miles, £6.5k agreed value, modified bus(lowered, twin carbs, alloys, etc), parked on drive.
But I'm probably a bit older than you....

i spend more on beer tokens on a night out :lol:

£109 fully comp with flux as a third vehicle.I only went with them as they insure my V8 vauxhall viva for £120 a year

slammedresto said:
try pete best insurance in essex, from memory im paying about £120

i couldnt get a better price from anyone else inc cherish, and they are a decent company too

just checked my certificate, actually paid £83 pounds, fully comp, breakdown cover and agreed value 8)

got a quote from cherished campers for £151 i think they have got my business for the next year, gonna try RH this week, every time i've tried before no one answers!!

I currently pay able £150 with Just Kampers, 1972 Westy LHD all mods declared inc Lowering and new Engine 7500 limited miles agreed value £13,500 i think

Got a quote out a cherished campers and this was about £180 but going to push to see what else they can do

I pay £658 a year for traders insurance and I'm 21. Sounds alot but has it's perks :D

wow the results are flying in now!!! here's how the table sits at the mo................

First place:- RH £131
Second:- Cherished campers £152
Third:- HIC £273
Dead last:- Footman james £357

gonna try 2 more then i need to sort it out, but surely it cant get cheaper than £131 can it!!!

also if you reading this part of the thread, my stat are the first post so you can use this as a comparison.

im watching this with interest, my insurance ran out this week, im off to cornwall (not in the camper) so it can wait till i get home. My problem is that i have an MS90 conviction, most companies when you declare this just wont insure me, but on a 1000cc sports bike i get no problems at all and only pay £160.00 :roll: Last year at renewal time I almost thought sod it! Im not paying more that £200 insurance for a van that gets minimal use! The cheapest quote was around £500.00. Then Sureterm rang up asking why i didnt renew with them so i explained that 2 weeks previous they said they wouldnt insure me with the conviction......they guy said, thats no problem and matched the quote from the previous year, strange! I cant be arsed to go thru it all again right now...........

Just

Just renewed mine two weeks ago. Adrian flux wanted 200 pound renewal which I thought was a bit steep and I've heard a lot of bad things about them. Went with cherished this year £153 with earlybay.com discount,lowered van with fuch wheels, 6 points ,9 years no claims ,5000 miles a year with 90 day euro cover plus a agreed value of 11k . Completely stress free renewal ,really impressed with them. Nice pack up and an agreed value certificate through the post 24 hours after I e mailed them the pics of my van!

Just renewed mine, Cherished got mine for £147 (plus the wife too - so that bumped it up no doubt :lol: ) down from £165 from Sure term.

I'm happy with that!

:D

Latest posts