Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments guys!
Not done a huge amout recently accept use the truck as much as poss.

Picked up a really good quality engine mount from westy richardson on here as mine was in a bad state,
so the first thing i did was this, cut the bottom off....
alivevdubbin008.jpg

Then re welded a nice thick bit in, hopefully this will stop it catching on bumps etc.
alivevdubbin011.jpg

With the engine bar giving me more clearance i dropped it a tad more, here he is at Alive & Vdubbin this weekend

alivevdubbin015.jpg

AliveVdubbin2.jpg

One of our last camping weekends of the summer in the Norfolk broads;
P1030049.jpg

Well after a using the truck all summer for camping trips, the occasional vw show any other reason I can find to use it I thought it was about time to start getting some little jobs done.
First thing i wanted to sort out was the front tyres rubbing so some nice little tubs were needed;
P1030065.jpg

just need to paint them the same colour as the truck.
I also thought I would give the seats a bloody could clean, so removed the covers for the first time to reveal what I think is the original seats in a pretty dirty state, so I got Hannah to help me clean them...
P1030064.jpg

Here they are back in the truck, although they are bit ratty I think I prefer them with out the covers for now.
P1030067.jpg

And I finally got round to trying to sort out some kind of headlining with the help of my bro who does traditional re upholstery.
We raided his off cuts and found some material.
P1030066.jpg

Next up I need to make some kick panels.
edit; also i am in need of a 68 only rear view mirror as it has been pointed out to me mine is not the right one, so if any body has one please let me know.
Thanks
Luke.

Thanks for the comments, found a pic from vw Action
1657121e.jpg

And because Han helped with the seats I had to let her have her first ever drive of a aircooled vw
66efafd5.jpg

Will probably live to regret that :msn4:

To be fair Grazy i did just sit back and watch whilst drinking a beer. :D
Nice one Han.

krusty said:
And I finally got round to trying to sort out some kind of headlining with the help of my bro who does traditional re upholstery.
We raided his off cuts and found some material

Hey Luke, Lovin the headliner - Can you tell me how you got it up there ? Did you take the old one out or just put the new one over it, and
does it bow up in the middle or flat.

Cheers man
Raver :mrgreen:

We took the original one out and used it as a template to make a new one,
The original metal poles slide through the material to hold it up.
It is pulled quite tight, but I must admit it does hang a little lower than the original.
We struggled to get the back to stay in position but the front and sides were easy.

Cheers for the comments guys!
Had a fairly productive weekend, Painted the tubs
P1030071.jpg

And made my kick panels

P1030072.jpg

Then covered them with some sand bags using pva glue :D

P1030079.jpg

Latest posts