Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the Sub positions inbetween the tubs - Does it shift piles and ultrasonically clean you bum ? :50: :50:

Ive got to be honest dude, ive never had piles to shift, but it does give a nice vibration :msn4:

Fitted some overriders that i bought a little while ago and never got round to fitting.
I wanted them on the back so i dont have to lean down so far to shut the tailgate when we camp in the back, any one who camps in there pick up will probably know what I mean.

P1030091.jpg

Sweet picture G.
Little update; thanks to the man above, Grazy letting me have a good nose around his truck I noticed that his indicator switch was different to mine, so after a bit of tinternet searching i relised my indicator switch was the wrong type for my bus year so I got the right type for a 68 and fitted it;

P1030141.jpg

If any body is after a 71 indicator switch let me know. :D

Thought a little update is due seeing as where in a new year now.
After searching the web for several months I finally picked up a 68 only rear view mirror for a bargain price of £30 delivered,
well it seems like a bargain to me after many people telling me they want from £200 - £300 for them.
I also picked up a deluxe clock for the sum of £70 including delivery, which again I thought was a good price.
P1010103.jpg

P1010102.jpg

And today I fitted my christmas present from Hannah, a flat4 banjo wheel from Karmankonnection.
I haven't seen one on a bay before so I was a bit concerned about it, but after a good test drive I like it.
P1010096.jpg

P1010097.jpg

Agree with 61 Stu - interior looks very good and liking the steering wheel 8)

Thought it was about time to update Krusty's page's.
For a while now I have been wanting to tidy up my engine bay, so a few weeks ago I pulled the engine out and stripped it down to service it and tidy it all up and reposition the fuel filter to outside the engine bay.
Thanks goes out to Grazy for helping me service my carb, no jokes please!
Was going to do all the tin in white but thought that would be a bad idea as the truck is used rather than a show queen and didnt want to be cleaning it every week. So I settled on matt black and tried to keep everything looking clean by hiding the coil and trying tuck all the wires out the way. Any way the photo below shows the engine all back together minus the fanbelt as I lost the woodruff key. Every electric cable is wired up to the engine and just need to be wired into the actual truck.
6479fc2f.jpg

Just gotta put it back in. :D

Cheers glad you like guys! cant wait to get it back in so I can drive it again.

Thanks Olly, yes mate fully recovered and ready for next trip! Wanna get me one of those Rome shank 145's.
Was up the dry slope thursday, Dave was tellin me about his food poisoning!? you boys have a good week in France?
Hope next year brings more of this! :lol:
a3ea7fa6.jpg

Haha, there goes Grazy's money down our necks! :lol:

If you want a cheap Shank, Scotty (Todd, Rome rep) is selling off the demo boards to us well cheap. I think Dave might have the 149, I want the 145 but I can't afford it. Give Chris a shout or let me know if you want us to try and get you one. 8)

Cheers for the heads up Olly, I defo want it as a dry slope / dome board. I will e-mail chris about it!
Cheers

Whilst I was putting the engine back in today Hannah made us a new wind break which I thought you guys might want to see.
287142c6.jpg

We then went for little shopping trip into Bury St Edmunds a small market town 10 mins up the road and found a awesome shop called "beautiful beers". And guess what! they sell Witkap and Chimay and hundreds of other beers. I thought I died and gone to heaven!
d860c26b.jpg

So all in all a pretty successful day :D

Thanks mate, finished putting the engine back in today.
Quite pleased with how it finished up, apart from carb spacer is a bit too big, so gonna get it machined down I think.
7f7842a6.jpg

Also modified the 3rd break light I got from ego to bolt onto the rear bumper, the wired it up.
df4ffae3.jpg

Latest posts