One man and his campervan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After veiwing last nights episode, with Martin entering the show n shine at Dubs @ the Castle.. It made me realise why the organisers wouldn't allow me to enter with my Latebay..

At the time I thought it was strange that the turned me away, so called full-up.. I got there before 10 o'clock and there were only 3 or 4 lates there.. I had week-end tickets so I wasn't that I was just a opertunist..

Then when I saw the program, I thought maybe the organisers didn't want Martin to ave too much competition..??

Your thoughts please... and your thoughts if Martin had an Early and You were turned away from Dubs @ the Castle..

Hi Mate,

As the Organiser of DubsattheCastle I can assure you that ther was no 'underhand dealing' with vans entering the Show 'n Shine Competition, it was simply first come, first served.

Due to TV editing, it appeared that the Show 'n Shine field had a few spaces but in actual fact the field was full to capacity very quickly, which was why my Marshalls (aka Faux & Greg ;) ) had to make the regretable decision to turn ALL vehicles away.

This year, due to some careful rearranging of the Trade Stalls, there should be more space in the Competition Field, which should make for a bigger and better Show 'n Shine!

P.S. If we did 'fix' the competition then we didn't do a very good job because he didn't even win the category! :lol:

Cheers
Dave

I expected to dislike this program, but I was pleasantly surprised and didn't :shock:

The fella is OK, a lifer (20 odd years of VW van ownership), so will have been through the mill in terms of the highs and lows of it all.

Top gig really, paid to drive round in your van, camping, cooking, chilling out, and mostly enjoying yourself 8)

I'm sure it will do wonders for Bus prices this year :D

Latest posts