Pain in't arse

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
subheatadey said:
Hi George, yes it would be good to meet this weekend just name a time and a place, we can have a chat as I want to go to the Aircooled14 thingymabob - haven't bought a ticket yet so must get my finger out.
Sounds like we might have a convoy :p
Will work something out tomorrow [hopefully] and drop you a message.

Fer fuck's sake the 'money pit' strikes again, Brake servo is Fubar! Tom is not pleased

Ripped the fekker out, looks like i need to replace the master cylinder also, can't think of anything i haven't replaced now other than the gearbox and steering box but give it time the years still young! I am hoping to get to Aircooled14, but my bank balance has other ideas :cry:

Brazilian Servo fitted, plates made to make it look nice - like no-one will see it! Also fitted a one-way valve just waiting for the Master brake cylinder now and then we shall have stoppage - which could be useful going to Aircooled14

The money pit continues, slowly getting there with the headliner but boy is it trying my patience but this baby will have curtains before too soon - a camper is just not a camper without curtains!

I hinge covers were fubared so i fibreglassed them and gave them a blast over, also in the process of making some H-section out of ply due to not been able to get any.

Whats puzzling me at the moment is that if you look there is a big gap between the ply and the opening due to strengthing profile which holds the ply of so fucks knows how the rubber seal is going to fit - badly I'm guessing anyone any ideas?

New - old later style air oil bath filter in seems to make a big difference, also fitted a 'performance' manifold which seems to make bugger all difference

Still here and still at it but hopefully on the last leg - then all there is to do is replace the fooked window rubbers, paint the reveals and cover with vinyl then replace the windows _ I'm looking at getting it completed before 2025!

And another

Painted the front panel OG nigara blue, doing it one panel at a time in between my long droughts of not having any work. Next job though will be to replace the side window rubber when VWH get them in so i can paint the reveals so I can finish the lining. Crazy the time and money that goes into these buses!

:lol: :lol: But so worth it in the end, if you ever get there , I know I wont. :lol:
Your doing a great job. Wish I could work on mine like that , I'm crap at wood work etc.
The rest I can manage because the price says so. :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

I've had compressor for years with buggering around with bikes and cars, not going to do the sides until I get the side windows out and paint the reveals - if thats the right terms and finish off the side lining, got the rubbers but I have to do not it between work as I am using the bus every day for work. Got bored so I have been making a buddy seat out of 18mm Birch ply it's coming on but I would do certain things different next time. Plan is to just glue it together with Gorilla glue - probably collapse first time I park my arse.

On another topic my alternator finally gave up the ghost to be fair it has struggling for a while one of the diodes had packed up according to Peter Good another second hand buy, might see if i can get a replacement regulator of something for it? In the meantime I have ordered a new one from the aforementioned - nice bloke.

Guess what I just spotted in that photo above ??? I spotted your old man kneeling down sponge for them poor old knees :shock: :shock: Now try and make out it`s summfink else :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got your mug too matey :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh !!!!! And stop pissing about with that old router and come and sort my headlining out for me moi pronto ;) AND !!!! If you is really good ,,,,,,,,,,,, I might let you have your tin mug back :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I`ll see you chrimbo or next year and save it for you bud :mrgreen:

Hi Ozzie,
I have been busy (which makes a change) with work trying to get some money only problem now is getting the b*****d to pay up, construction really sucks i need to find something else :suicide: I owe you something too - 50 of them - still not looked at it yet though. I definately will come down and sort the headling for you as soon as i know i have a couple or three days I shall head on down as soon as I know I will get in touch. :D

subheatadey said:
Hi Ozzie,
I have been busy (which makes a change) with work trying to get some money only problem now is getting the b*****d to pay up, construction really sucks i need to find something else :suicide: I owe you something too - 50 of them - still not looked at it yet though. I definately will come down and sort the headling for you as soon as i know i have a couple or three days I shall head on down as soon as I know I will get in touch. :D[/quote

Don`t panic son, I still got to have the roof off (again) and work on the fibreglass over the winter, reckon I`ll start after we gets one of them Scooby Snacks down our necks :p C :p Check them cases out first as they might be scrap, and don`t panic as I`m holding your tin mug to ransom :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My new motors in now too :p :mrgreen: :p

Which side are you putting the buddy seat on? Looks like some more good work!

Forget Ozzie's headlining... use your router to sort me some lovely door cards ;)

Are you doing the Christmas meet?

gvee said:
Which side are you putting the buddy seat on? Looks like some more good work!

Forget Ozzie's headlining... use your router to sort me some lovely door cards ;)

Are you doing the Christmas meet?

Hi George,,
I`ll remind you of a very familiar Volkswagoning type phrase if I may ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cough,, Fur,, please arrange to suit :shock: :lol: :roll: :lol: :shock:

Right bit the bullet and my credit card - cheers Mr Branson. I got pissed of with tweaking and buggering around and thought fuck it I can buy all the bits and do it myself or just buy it complete and save most of the 'aggro' and probably it wouldn't be any cheaper. So a new 1776 motor using Auto Linea case tapped for full flow comprising of -

Chrome-Moly head studs
Engle 110 camshaft
Forged Counterweighted 69mm Crankshaft
Forged 4340 Chro-Moly 5.4'' I-Beam con-rods
Mahle 90.5mm Forged Pistons & Cylinders
Dual Thrust Cam Bearings
Steel backed Centre main bearing
SSP Big valve heads with 40 x 35.5mm stainless valves
Uprated single valve springs & chrome moly valve spring retainers
Uprated Oil Pressure relief springs
Scat Bolt up rocker shafts & Swivel ball adjusters
Scat Heavy Duty Chrome moly pushrods