Pain in't arse

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slowly getting there with getting the new engine in been busy for a change with work - which is a change hoping to get it in and running over the Christmas without getting hypothermia

Throttle linkage arm looks too short looks like I shall need to make a extension piece it doesn't line up with the throttle cable conduit anyone else had this problem?

Carefully removed the oil bath stand so in 50 years I can replace it?

I got a bit paranoid about fitting the cooling flaps so decided I needed a way to show that the cooling flaps were operating even though its got a temp switch and the return spring - you cant be too careful particularly with fitting a new engine so off came the doghouse and welded a marker to the cooling flap pivot so it gives a clear indication it is behaving itself. Hoping the engine will be in tomorrow and possible ready for its cam burn whooppee !

subheatadey said:
Throttle linkage arm looks too short looks like I shall need to make a extension piece it doesn't line up with the throttle cable conduit anyone else had this problem?

Yeah, I made up an extension piece about 1" - 1 1/2" long, helps you get full opening of the carbs too.
I haven't got a picture though.

A bit more fabrication to the list then, stated on running full flow oil lines need some alteration to the tinware to make it look good so it doesn't look a 'lash up' probably need some heat shield to protect the pipes from being cooked

Can't face going to work it really pisses me off so messing around with the van at least it makes me feel better :D

Tapped oil fliter mount so i can have oil temperature and pressure

Fab a mounting plate for the oil filter ummed and arred about wahts best

Seems solid enough, would have preffered the filter to face down but those frams are big fekkers - and twice as dear!

Tucked out of the way, plan to fill up, cam burn drain refill then conect oil cooler

subheatadey said:
I got a bit paranoid about fitting the cooling flaps so decided I needed a way to show that the cooling flaps were operating even though its got a temp switch and the return spring - you cant be too careful particularly with fitting a new engine so off came the doghouse and welded a marker to the cooling flap pivot so it gives a clear indication it is behaving itself. Hoping the engine will be in tomorrow and possible ready for its cam burn whooppee !
Great idea that. Might have to copy it on my westy. :D

Engine now running whoopee :D Cam burn done, timimng seems good and re-jetted the carbs. Bit of finishing off tidying wires and what not and I think I shall add a heat shield for the oil lines out of something? Then its get it run in and on to the rolling road.

I've decided i shall not use it for my daily driver i.e. for work so i am on the lookout for a T4 if anyone hears of ought.

CB performance manifold kit is total crap really annoyed should have gone the VS bell crank route! Oh well another something to save up for!!

Ready for a shake down in the snow, probably not the best time to do it :D

Removed the test plug and circuits and tidied the wiring I like things to be neat, hex bar arm had to be extended why don't they make it longer - tight bastards :eek:

60 mile shakedown, a few niggles 1st and 2nd gear is awkward needs adjusting but......... noise from gearbox when clutch is depressed so I am guessing that the release bearing has got some shit in it or its fooked allthough it was fine before the new engine went in so.........out with the engine and explore and I may as well spray the engine bay now rather than later, at least its winter :D

Hi George, just good to be in the bus at last, had a drive round Rufforth, Naburn that sort of thing as long as it takes me out of this area i don't mind. Gonna take the engine out this week - not much work again - and probably stick a new release bearing and clips in. Spray the engine bay, If I get in done for next week I shall give you a call see if you want to meet up.

The battle to save my quarter lights and my wallet! First plus been a California import from Glendale near Hollywood the body is rock solid, shame I can't say the same for the metal frames. So tomorrow I will drill out the rivets split them down and see if they salvageable? Failing that another huge expense X 3 for some new frames anyone know where the best place to get some - who have 'em in stock?

The fun never stops, i think i am sort on the quarter lights one was fubared so a replacement frame was aqquired the other one needed a bit of welding and should be good enough so i will get round to rebuilding them back up but...

I need to get the sidelining sorted which i have lived with but now's the time but i know it is something i am going to hate doing - a bit like decorating but on the plus side i can get of my tits on contact adhesive!

I am spraying a bit at time mainly 'cos rubbing down also get on my tits and I don't have the patience, devil dog likes to keep a evil eye on my progress

The sidelining nightmare begins

Whoopee, first quarter-light refurbed and back in, why do we do this to ourselves it would be easier building a house! Only 2 more to do, did the side lining looks a bit shit but heh oh I'm not laurence llewelyn bowen :lol:

Latest posts