Petrol in oil.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananacustard

Reaction score
I've just removed my new fuel pump which has failed already twice in approximately 300 miles (mechanichal) to replace with an electronic pump and there is a big puddle of oil under the van which looks like it's come from the push rod tubes and rocker gaskets. These weren't leaking before and the oil smells of petrol. Also the level on the dipstick has gone up.

So
1) Is this most likely to be the fuel pump diaphragm or could it indicate problems with the carbs (34ICTs) ?

2) Obviously I need to do an oil change, how will the petrol in oil have affected the seals (pushrod tubes, rocker gaskets etc)? Will these need changing as well ?

Thanks, Jeremy

Hopefully not done too much damage here drop the oil and refill with fresh should of not caused too much damage sounds like fuel pump internals of the engine would of had a wash bit like engine flush as long as its not done too many miles like this only way carbs would cause this is if main jet has come a drift I've had this happen but engine would run very ruff to say the least hope alls well should be

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

What carbs are they, sounds like worn needle valaves. Solex? by any chance, a friend of mine had the same problem for months.... changed the carbs, problem solved.

Haven't touched the carbs. They were checked about three weeks ago and everything was in order.

Right, I'm off outside to drain my sump :( brrrrrrrr!

Latest posts