• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Peugeot 406 estate. Now Sold.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete B

Reaction score
Not in, but 9 miles north of Peterborough
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Bus
As the title says, my 406 is up for sale. It's my third 406, I've had them for 10 years or so and it's time for a change.
So, it's a June 2002 (02 plate) Rapier 1.8 petrol estate, done 90k when I got it two and a half years ago and just 102k now. MOT until December 7th 2012, air con/climate control, 3 proper seatbelts in the back, half decent Clarion radio/cd, rain sensitive wipers, etc, etc.
I put two new tyres on the front when I got it, new discs/pads on the front a while back and have changed the oil and filter 3 times. Was told the cam belt was changed by the dealer prior to PO collecting it but have no written proof. The service book has some stamps in it and the owners manual is there to help with all the buttons and gizmos...

Pictures,

DSCF0647.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0660.jpg

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0649.jpg

The last pic shows the only blemish on the paint worth mentioning (front of bonnet) there are other marks and scratches but nothing more than you would expect on a car this age/mileage.
After turning right, if straightening up really quickly, sometimes the the indicator stalk goes past the off position and onto left turn. It's always done it and I have got into the habit of cancelling them manually.
There is a deposit of what I think is tree sap or similar on the roof and bonnet, tiny spots that are only really noticed when washing the car. I have had the t-cut out and some of it came of the bonnet quite easily but got bored and it was nearly time for the pub :lol:
There you go, 12 and a half months MOT, a regular 32mpg, HUGE boot (with genuine Pug liner, saves the carpet ;) )
Has never let me down, nice and tidy old thing, looks good and shiny, tidy interior, make someone a good spacious family car or handy workhorse with all that space.

Got to be worth a grand surely???

I'm on 07881-800-509 and the car will be on e-bay in a day or so.

Just waiting for the registration document to come back after transfering the private reg no to the new car, as said will be going on e-bay shortly.

Checked the service book and it has every stamp in there up to and including 80k!

Come on folks, Aarons BMX and now the Laverda have sold, let's make it a hat trick!!

A lot of car for £995. :D

Has only just now gone on e-bay since the V5 has come back from Swansea with the original '02 reg number.
Got a start price of £850, how cheap do you want a car to be :shock:

Ok, so the guy that won it on e-bay tried to remove his bid before the end of the auction and refused to pay. Tried it again but was a bit close to Christmas so not much response. The vultures were circling however and had 4 messages after the auction asking 'whats your best price, I can collect in the morning'. One guy offered £500 which I declined. Give it another week or so and I may put it back on e-bay but for now am 'bumping' on here looking for offers around £750.

Remember, MOT to 7th December, plenty of stamps in the service book, the usual toys plus climate control, really tidy and loads of space.

All for £750. Got enough on my plate right now so could do with this going as soon as. ;)

Latest posts