Placement of new ink...?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

It's been about a year since my last addition (a japanese wave breaking over the radiohead bear-logo - positioned on my left shoulder and back - and it nicely merges into the dove I already have on my upper left arm), and now I'm aching for something more... :mrgreen:

I'd really like a full sleeve (right arm) but to get things started I'm thinking of a half sleeve - perhaps starting from my right wrist up to the elbow. Was thinking of a fairly basic design - grey/shaded clouds as a background, with the first initial of my kids names (e, h, d) randomly positioned into the clouds.

Does this sound like a good design? Does it need more detail? Should I start at the wrist and work up, or from the shoulder and work down?

Apologies for being un-original but I like Beckham's sleeve...
arm-sleeve-tattoo-David-Beckham.jpg
- but I don't want a copy of it - just my take on it...

Any ideas/suggestions???

Cheers,

Mike

Hi mike it's really down to personal choice
I started on my shoulder and worked down to my wrist .
Just looking at designs for my left sleeve now I too have gone for a Japanese theme but in colour it's awesome and can't wait to start my next one

Cheers mark
e587ff44.jpg

I dunno, I'm a beginner, but all I know is don't have a three hr sitting as your first tattoo inside your upper arm. It nearly killed me! :lol:

Think thats bad Ollie, you should have your elbow done! I've got a nautical star on my left elbow, it felt like it was being engraved into the bone rather than colouring the skin :?

The sweat was pissing out of me by the end :lol:

When I had my wave done it felt mega raw across the shoulder blade :D

But well worth it :mrgreen:

Mark6455 said:
Hi mike it's really down to personal choice
I started on my shoulder and worked down to my wrist .
Just looking at designs for my left sleeve now I too have gone for a Japanese theme but in colour it's awesome and can't wait to start my next one

Cheers mark
e587ff44.jpg

When I met you at dubfreeze I would never have guess you had that wicked tattoo
An the bloke that did it his work is amazing seen some amazing stuff of his

Rob I've got a chest piece an a start of a half sleeve
But I've been slimy of late an havnt had much done

Ahh my kind of post, I have 3 sleeves at the mo ;) 1 full arm and chest and both legs fully sleeved, I will post pics up tomorrow :) to give you an idea

Easy... your tat's are legendary - well... I think so :) What d'ya reckon to the clouds half-sleeve idea? Thinking of going down to the fella later this morning...

Cheers dood. 8)

Personally i would be careful of going wrist up to the elbow first as it may look like your wearing an arm band ;)

Go for the commitment dood and do the whole arm, the artist would appreciate doing the whole thing to get the flow right otherwise it could look like 2 seperate pieces :mrgreen:

My left leg sleeve is nearly finished now, but ive got to wait until october to finish it off :cry:

Am booked in for next Friday... Having some initials (my kids) and some clouds (a la Beckham-esque) extending my existing dove/wave further down my arm - so that'll prob end up as 3/4 sleeve... and should actually work quite well, as I'll have fire, water and clouds (air) - all together.

He also advised to start other arm at the top and work down - but get more ideas together rather than have it bitty/disjointed (just like you said easy)... So will start thinking about that one

cool 8) who is doing it for you?

cool! crack on and get them pics up! 8)

I am finally getting nearer to the start of my full back piece :mrgreen: only taken a year and half of waiting! :shock: 8) its gonna be fucking sick tho ;)

As Ez said. I have a full sleeve (colour) and a half sleeve (black and grey). You've got to work down :mrgreen:
I you feel brave, go for the full sleeve, don't think you'll regret it.
I am wanting more ink myself, thinking of a rib piece but I am also aware that it's a touch sore there :(

windsurfer said:
As Ez said. I have a full sleeve (colour) and a half sleeve (black and grey). You've got to work down :mrgreen:
I you feel brave, go for the full sleeve, don't think you'll regret it.
I am wanting more ink myself, thinking of a rib piece but I am also aware that it's a touch sore there :(

A bit sore! dood! get it done and dont be a girl ;)

I am starting my full back piece next year, uber looking forward to it! 8)

easy said:
Ahh my kind of post, I have 3 sleeves at the mo ;) 1 full arm and chest and both legs fully sleeved, I will post pics up tomorrow :) to give you an idea

who the hell wears sleeves on their legs?!? :msn4: :? :lol:
next thing your be wearing socks on your head!!! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

sorry mate.... pre redundancy dry sense of humour coming through there! :mrgreen:

by the way.... im having a half sleeve worked on at the moment.... but have designed it myself so i get what I really want!
goes from the shoulder to just under the elbow joint! wont be posting any of my nakedness up on the interweb through! :msn4:
am tempted to continue it down to the wrist and have designed it such that more could be added to and blended in!

i feel for your waiting ez.... i have reacted to the shading (think its reacted to what the artist used to dilute the black ink) and so i have to see a dermatologist before I can continue! Sucks! :roll:

Latest posts