Plastic pushrods v alu

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWFURGOJURG

Reaction score
My mechanic who definitely knows what he is talking about swears by the adjustable plastic ones. They are a third of the price of the aluminium

Aesthetically they are not as pleasing on the eye but any other thoughts everyone?

This forum has been great for my van woes, based on all this one day I will also be able to contribute - thanks to everyone!

I have no experience of the plastic ones, however that just screams at me it's going to melt.
When I had my engine built I told the engine builder to put in spring loaded ones(metal).
They were aluminium spring loaded ones. Fast fab and CSP are decent . Don't buy the blue and gold type.
Then again a set of straight forward aluminium pushrod tubes are perfect and not expensive.
Flea bay 173091490791.
There are others that I am sure someone will recommend, hope this helps.

J & P
:D:D:D

I have no experience of the plastic ones, however that just screams at me it's going to melt.
When I had my engine built I told the engine builder to put in spring loaded ones(metal).
They were aluminium spring loaded ones. Fast fab and CSP are decent . Don't buy the blue and gold type.
Then again a set of straight forward aluminium pushrod tubes are perfect and not expensive.
Flea bay 173091490791.
There are others that I am sure someone will recommend, hope this helps.

J & P
Thanks bud - buying the flexis as apparently they are easier to fit and better in the long run

Thanks bud - buying the flexis as apparently they are easier to fit and better in the long run
Not saying don't but wait to see if anybody else has an opinion, you never know.

I am not saying the engine builder does not know what he is doing , it's just the
first time I have heard of them.

J & P

Exactly the same opinions as ^^^ . Standard work great, but there are some cheapo tube seals that can easily ruin the day with a leak here and there. There’s white seals or red ones , I can’t remember which ones aren’t too spesh but the softer ones are best.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, also not heard of plastic ones.:)

Thanks everyone, I’ve gone with alu at 16 euro each x 8 instead of the plastic at 6. The mechanic swears by the plastic ones but aesthetically Id prefer the ALU

I’m not sure that ‘plastic’ is a bad thing per se. Many plastics are easily able to withstand high enough temperatures.

Why not? I've run them on two engines and never had any issue.
I think the key is to get good quality seals and to not over-tighten them.
Hi George, I think you are right , tightening is key and along side the right seals is crucial.
They do look good, I have to admit.

J & P

Fast fab, Jaycee and CSP are the best. Not cheap but there is always a reason why cheap stuff is cheap

Latest posts