Propex

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareneforster

Reaction score
I've got a 1970 dormobile which we like to use year round.

Last year we used a 2kw fan heater over winter but it bearly scratched the surface - unless you were sat right in front of it.

Thinking about installing propex heating - but does it really make that much of a difference? What about if you've got the pop top up?

Also, systems I've seen have been installed under the bed - is that for a specific reason? Could I install it in my buddy seat instead?

What systems do you use?

All views would be helpful. Thanks!

I've got to say, I love our propex. It really warms the van up with the roof up or down. Not sure if there's a specific reason for fitting it under the bed other than there's plenty of space.

We've got the gas & electric version so we don't use the gas when on a site with electrics.

Cant recommend this little invention enough!
Get it Installed...you wont regret it!
Under the bed is best I found for air circulation......plenty of room under there and obviously ideal to vent out underneath the bus.

Has been known to fit under the passenger seat....a very tight squeeze with a bit of fettling I believe.
However I wouldn't fancy installing it there if I'm honest! but if room is tight, its an option!

Obviously with the top popped you will lose heat quicker through the canvas, however it will keep the bus more than nice and toasty whilst its running, no question of that!

I have an external model and have slung it under the bus. It is on my build thread "Boris"
Works whilst driving or on site.

J & P
:D :D :D

Hia we have a propex mounted outside as it took up tooo much space inside. But like the wife says wouldn't buy another as she just whacks the gas ring on for 5 mins. And we camp all year and find it's such a small space propex is to much. So have one for sale if anyone interested.

69billy said:
Hia we have a propex mounted outside as it took up tooo much space inside. But like the wife says wouldn't buy another as she just whacks the gas ring on for 5 mins. And we camp all year and find it's such a small space propex is to much. So have one for sale if anyone interested.

I probably don't have the cash bit out of interest how much are you selling for?

Id be interested billy

Which model do you have ? can you pm me the details

Thanks

Chico

Hia. Sold on the Facebook earlybay, find it better to sell. Don't know if there related but might be one on there

If your engine/heater works well on the move and you need something just for camping then I recommend this a de'longhi bambino oil filled radiator.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/delonghi-trn0505m-500w-bambino-oil-filled-radiator/208-5119.prd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bargain price and no hassle at all. We keep it under the R&R, arrive on site, stick it in passenger footwell and plug it into the mains. Has a thermostat and is silent in operation (occasional click on/off). Transformed our camping at the beginning and end of the year - just salt roads that keep me at home.

I do tend to lower the roof at night though - seems wasteful to allow heat out through the canvas

Bluesnailman, I have used the same heater since we brought the van 5 years ago! The heater is still going strong and throws out a ton of heat :)

Latest posts