Raaaaiiiinnnn!!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I come down loads, I can be found flailing about on a body board until i can find the right longboard 8) got me eye on a bear one at the mo ;)

I used to live in Halwill Junction between Oakhamton and Holsworthy :mrgreen:

whisperingdelirium said:
"Any more of this and I might have to start looking to trade the EB for a canal barge. (at least the steering will be better! :lol: )"

Yeah, but the turning circle will be just as bad!

Guess that was the summer gone eh? Glad i am off to Ibiza in a few days!

;)

Alistair

just got back from 2 weeks in croyde. kept awake all last night by torrential rain and wind even with ear plugs in ! then heard a thud on the van roof....looked out of window to see awning had dissappeared !! found it upside down on van roof, still attached to roof gutter. must have been a big gust ! Jk spacemaker awning totally buggered but van seems ok. van was also surrounded by about 2 inches of water !

bumped into Ant the first week, if you read this Ant, i did come to try to find you at lobb but you must have been out surfing ! conditions at croyde were a bit rough some days, best day was yesterday in the rain at saunton, but still managed to get out in the surf every day bar the middle saturday and sunday when my body needed a rest !

was still bloody raining most of the 6 and a half hour journey back to coventry !

ghop99 said:
Its lashing it down in North Devon. On the plus side I have seen at least four splitties, maybe the same EB's, few late bays and some awesome bugs cruising down the M5. Thats the benefit of living in a tourist spot, all you lot bring your buses down here for us to perv at! Happy days :)

No better in Dorset - though ok now.

Can't wait to move to North Devon - about 4 weeks and counting! ;)

Cheers!

Alistair

Chris said:
just got back from 2 weeks in croyde. kept awake all last night by torrential rain and wind even with ear plugs in ! then heard a thud on the van roof....looked out of window to see awning had dissappeared !! found it upside down on van roof, still attached to roof gutter. must have been a big gust ! Jk spacemaker awning totally buggered but van seems ok. van was also surrounded by about 2 inches of water !

bumped into Ant the first week, if you read this Ant, i did come to try to find you at lobb but you must have been out surfing ! conditions at croyde were a bit rough some days, best day was yesterday in the rain at saunton, but still managed to get out in the surf every day bar the middle saturday and sunday when my body needed a rest !

was still bloody raining most of the 6 and a half hour journey back to coventry !

Yeah was really randon bumping in to you down there Chris sorry it was a quick chat but i'd been in the sea for hours and i had to get back. I did come back a couple days later but you weren't about. The waves were rubbish when we were down there but rubbish waves are better than no waves!

There was a fair amount of rain at Dubs at the Castle but it was still cool, just gotta get out in the bus :mrgreen:

Friday at Bugjam was a mudfest, but at least we had our wellies and a bag full of beer, wine, southern comfort......

Saturday was generally sunny, I even got a burnt head :shock: Back to the usual on Sunday, it was drizzling when we left in the morning..

went surfing in the gower, was ace weather apart from sunday at about 3 in the morning when the heavens opened and didnt really stop till about 11am. Managed to get all packed away in the roasting sun between showers :mrgreen:

Sorry for everyone caught up in lousy weather, but cheers me up a bit with working the last two weekends and missing the events! So glad we made it to EBI where the weather was tremendous, too hot at times!!!! Whatever the weather though, getting out, travelling and mixing with other VW folk is always a blast, have yet to attend an event and go home miserable!

Latest posts