Replacement washer bottle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought JK washer bottle kit J11634. On getting it in I’m happy with it but would like to remove the pump. Drill a hole in my original bottle and add the pump off the new kit to the old bottle. In my head this works. I would need to drill a 19.5mm hole to fit the grommet and pump. Anyone done this? Cheers

I added a lucas pump to my original pipework and wired a push to make switch to the original push button loads have done it and it looks original

I added a pump to my original bottle. I used a cone drill and kept checking the size until it just fit also did the micro switch on original switch so it all looks stock

I did a similar thing, added a pump to the existing water bottle, also carried out the mod to the existing wiper switch to activate the pump.

thejinx said:
That’s my plan. Cheers chaps but how do you get the wiper button off the dash. Cheers

Pretty sure there’s a nice write up on the whole conversion, not sure if it’s on here but I’m fairly sure it’s on the LateBay.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, Oh,,my memory ;) :mrgreen: ;)

this is the topic;
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18970

I'm not sure the photos are still viewable though. I did this mod a few years ago and put the pump in the washer hose line just along from the bottle. As long as the pump is not higher than the bottle it should be ok.

Mike. It was this set of pics and write up that made up my mind to do this job. Got the micro switches etc but. I unscrew the front off the wiper button and the knob plus centre piece comes away with a small black straw. My question is, does the reminder just pull off the back of the dash or is there another Gismo attaching it. Cheers

Don't think I put this modification on my thread as it was before I started it.
Hope some pics help. :)

There's an escutcheon or silver coloured threaded thing behind the front part of the knob and this holds the back part in place.

Here's the back part of the switch with the wires and original washer fluid tube attached.

back of switch removed from dash and wires.

micro PTM switch.

you have to drill out the hole to make room for the PTM switch and cut it down a bit.

PTM switch added to the old wiper switch unit. It screws in so the diameter of the drilled hole is very important.

You will also need to cut down the plastic pushrod on the OG switch a bit as it will now be too long.

Now all you need to do is connect a 12v supply to power the pump, and earth to the other connection. The connectors are tiny so you'll need small female spade connectors.

Latest posts