Repro Deluxe Beltline Trim, who's fitted what?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitley bay

Reaction score
Hi
I'm considering replacing my beltline trim with a new reproduction stainless steel set. So, I searched the forum for advice on the best buy but could only find this,

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27639&hilit=beltline+trim&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That thread is obviously quite old now, so I was wondering if anyone who has recently fitted new beltline trim, which is obviously a quite expensive purchase, could share their advice on the quality and fit.

I used C&C.
The rear corners did not fit so had to source a pair of originals and polished em up to match.
I believe othere had a similar issue from other suppliers aswell.
So if the stainless rr corners dont fit your going to run into problems matching em up with the ally OG ones.

Rich

Thanks Rich
What I don't understand is, if the corners have been a problem for so long, why hasn't it be sorted out by now and the new repro ones made sided like the originals!

Coz if theyre selling at £250-300 a set for the ally ones (imagine the mark up) do you think they realy care?

RICH-I-AM said:
Coz if theyre selling at £250-300 a set for the ally ones (imagine the mark up) do you think they realy care?

I was going to get the ally set from coolair, they say they're made by the company that did them originally. Are they good?

I have always fitted OG, why do you want to fit repro? There is plenty of original trim out there for less money.

bluenose said:
RICH-I-AM said:

I was going to get the ally set from coolair, they say they're made by the company that did them originally. Are they good?

Mine were from C&C.
Im sure they sead that theirs were made with original tooling :lol:.
The rear corners are about if you end up needing em.
Get 2, the best you can find and a once over with some decent metal polish and job done.

Faux has a good point. Wish id thought of that when i baught mine.

Rich

Thanks for everyone's opinions so far. :D

I was considering new repro because I'm bus OCD and like new shiny things :D
If I could buy a replacement mint original trim set I would, but as we know they are forty year old and most have dings in them!
Is it really asking too much for the £250-£300 replacements, German quality, made by the original suppliers to fit? :roll:

Cheers

original post stated stainless steel kit... is the C&C one stainless?

coolair advertise there's as aluminium

bluenose said:
original post stated stainless steel kit... is the C&C one stainless?

coolair advertise there's as aluminium

Nah :mrgreen:

C&C are ally aswell.

Thanks Humphrey
Anyone bought this stainless steel kit?

http://www.kieftenklok.net/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,1546/category_id,68/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,8/lang,en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers :D

I bought my s/s trim from the states last year when my van was restored, will dig out details but here's a link to thread, scroll to bottom to see finished van with trim fitted, corners not perfect but some judicious flexing and they look ok, I remember that only the plastic trim clips worked with this trim but as they don't rust and you can't see them, it was fine with me

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39509&p=362344#p362344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dirty Harry on here has a lovely deluxe trim (his whole van is the mutts nuts!) - maybe he would let you in on where he got it? I think it could be from KnK.

Humphrey said:
Dirty Harry on here has a lovely deluxe trim (his whole van is the mutts nuts!) - maybe he would let you in on where he got it? I think it could be from KnK.

;) Thanks man.
Indeed my S/S trim came from K&K fits nice only the corners needed some attention and i replaced the plastic clips for metal ones (BBT)
The repro ally ones are either to long or to short and look crappy made (in my eyes anyway).

Or find and Buy an OG set... spend 2 weeks polishing it so it looks awesome....
Then sell it coz you ain't got the balls to fit it!!!!!!!

:oops:
Butthead!! (Me) :roll:

I often find that repro stuff looks lovely and shiny for only a short while and soon looks worse than the second hand og stuff rejected by most.

I once made the mistake of replacing og door handles and mirrors on a resto and it looked great for 6 months. Within a year it looked far worse than what was taken off and after 2 years it had to be replaced by........guess what?

WANNABAY, DIRTY HARRY loving your buses and the trim on both looks great :D
Looking like stainless steel is the way to go! Thanks for all the advice fella's

The plus side of S/S is the shine wil last and it doesn't dent as easy, but the supplied plastic clips are crap :!:

Latest posts