Rev counters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh.go.on.then

Reaction score
Hi all, I see there are a few people talking about rev counters and plans for one to be made that fits the original dash.

Does anyone know of one that does fit the spare hole of the dash that's out there already? I saw one in a dash which looked like an old Porsche item but the owner didn't know.

I have a horrible silver Chinese piece of rubbish currently and it reads way over actual revs.

Cheers all

Oh.go.on.then said:
Hi all, I see there are a few people talking about rev counters and plans for one to be made that fits the original dash.

Does anyone know of one that does fit the spare hole of the dash that's out there already? I saw one in a dash which looked like an old Porsche item but the owner didn't know.

I have a horrible silver Chinese piece of rubbish currently and it reads way over actual revs.

Cheers all

I asked the same question either here or on late bay so if you can find that post all will be revealed :D

VDO make an 82mm one, you will need a bus boys ring for fitting the rev counter (both available through VW Heritage)

Although make sure that you wire it correctly as I have blown mine up at present hence I am currently looking for a new one!

Not cheap at about a ton a go!

Latest posts