Rubbish!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGC

Reaction score
Just an observation :D :D .... When browsing through the busses for sale section I cant understand why people post pictures of their vans with all sorts of rubbish left inside... even the traders do this. Surely you would stand a better chance of attracting buyers if you generally got rid of the crap....remember lots of people cant see beyond the pictures so gives a very bad impression.... as I said, just an observation :D :D

its the same with houses,ive been house hunting and the shit people leave hanging around is baffling.i minted my house de clutterd and sold it in 3 weeks.i like to think i could see past other peoples shit but im sure more than half the potential buyers out there cant.

talking of clutter, i came across this house a couple of weeks ago. ive never seen so much shit in one house :mrgreen:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34940999.html?premiumA=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

strongy said:
its the same with houses,ive been house hunting and the shit people leave hanging around is baffling.i minted my house de clutterd and sold it in 3 weeks.i like to think i could see past other peoples shit but im sure more than half the potential buyers out there cant.

Thats my point exactly strongy..... I'll bet that more than half the potential buyers cant see past the shit. Ive been selling for a living for more than 30 years and its a true saying that selling is "show" business.... SO SHOW THINGS AT THEIR BEST!!!!!

sparkywig said:
I have the same problem with used parts for sale at shows. It doesn't take long to wipe the dirt and shit off so why not do it....

Sorry to say but there are more than a fair share of twats out there who just want to make money out of the people in this scene. There are exceptions of course but most just want your cash, and as far as after sales care goes, quite literally you can shove it up yo ass! :shock: Been in this scene for over 20 years and there are more than ever, personally I wish they would all just F**k off (can you tell I've just been stitched again?).

Buss69 said:
sparkywig said:
I have the same problem with used parts for sale at shows. It doesn't take long to wipe the dirt and shit off so why not do it....

Sorry to say but there are more than a fair share of twats out there who just want to make money out of the people in this scene. There are exceptions of course but most just want your cash, and as far as after sales care goes, quite literally you can shove it up yo ass! :shock: Been in this scene for over 20 years and there are more than ever, personally I wish they would all just F**k off (can you tell I've just been stitched again?).

I have to agree with you, it was much better before the "scene" :lol:

How about this Advert Ebay, check out the fifth picture. A bog roll on the seat for gods sake! How hard would it be to move that?

I thought it was just me that was laughing at the adverts.

Sparky.

that gives you the impression that he,s just pinched one off..or is about too... :sick0019:
why do some people not realise you dont get a second chance to make a first impression.

They are just to lazy at the end of the day,we have a family friend trying to sell a flat for over a year and wont even paint the walls to clean the place up and he wonders why people keep putting in silly offers :roll:

I personally laugh, when people put adverts up for Buses and put up 3 to 4 pictures , Call serious rust patina ,I esp love when people put that a missing windscreen scuttle is cosmetic :roll: FFS.....

When advertising a bus I do wish folks would put decent pics up,of frt floors and lift the fffing mat up too, outside all sides, the engine, both battery trays , the inner frt nose and the interior, also If it has a pop top, put the damn roof up to show its not buggered .....

Its pretty simple stuff and Finally WASH the damn thing and Give it an interior clean .......... Then peeps wonder why it doesnt sell :roll:

Then It may inspire people to drive half way around the country to view a van and find in the flesh , Yes, its still a shitter :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen: My 2 cents

Gadget Boy said:
Call serious rust patina ,I esp love when people put that a missing windscreen scuttle is cosmetic :roll: FFS.....

:lol: The definition of a rust free import gets stretched a long way sometimes!

Clem said:
Gadget Boy said:
Call serious rust patina ,I esp love when people put that a missing windscreen scuttle is cosmetic :roll: FFS.....

:lol: The definition of a rust free import gets stretched a long way sometimes!

No shit Clem , In fact its amazing how many people are importing buses from the USA etc and claiming its from California etc ..... Juat because its passed through California from wherever to get to the docks for shipping, DOESNT make it a californian bus :roll: :roll: :roll:

After seeing some of the shite that's in the For sale section apparently '' Rust Free '' from the states ...... You have to ask the question '' Did they actually Keep the bus in the Sea in the USA ??? ''

Patina is NOT Patina when its major structural Rust ........ :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: Its a Fu##ing wreck and ought to be avoided at all costs ....

:evil: :evil:

People also need to think just how foggy and wet it can be in San Fransisco, or how being parked by the seafront for thirty years in Huntingdon Beach just might affect it!

Back to the original post, 'mess' in vans is something that drives me nuts at anytime. I probably have OCD though :mrgreen:

It is surprising what people class a a 'solid bus' I found a genuine rust free bus when I got mine 4 years ago from San Francisco but it does now need a minor windscreen repair due to a leaky rubber seal which a mate is gonna do next month :) not had any rust issues just several mechanical and electrical haha.

Karl

Latest posts