rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your input Andy, I think.

We took a quick trip down to Uphill Marine near W-S-M over the weekend, and met up with some friends.
Nice little site with a massive speedramp at the entrance, got the new and only just fitted jockey wheel caught and had to remove it before I could drive any further.....
Anyway, all set up next to a seasonal pitch.

js1Yg.jpg

SrgkR.jpg

Time for a drink I think.

7Vbm2.jpg

Rsp2f.jpg

Slightly uneven pitch.

bNhTY.jpg

Friends finally arrived.

fnQsF.jpg

Maybe solved the jockey wheel problem, raised it 2" by removing a couple of pieces of box section from between the hitch and chassis.

fz54A.jpg

Ex0M6.jpg

All I need to do now is fit the stroker motor and gearbox, replace the shiftrods and bushes, sort out the fuel sender, fit the late bay steering box and I'm sorted for Oktoberfest. :?

sparkywig said:
Maybe solved the jockey wheel problem, raised it 2" by removing a couple of pieces of box section from between the hitch and chassis.

All I need to do now is fit the stroker motor and gearbox, replace the shiftrods and bushes, sort out the fuel sender, fit the late bay steering box and I'm sorted for Oktoberfest. :?

looks rad! did you take your rod?

creationblue said:
I did take a pic of the tow hitch on my 'Pedo to suggest the same but never had any wifi, nice job!

No worries Just.
I found out what that additional curved black bar under the back was for, it had a towball attached.

82x3v.jpg

A bit of weight saving done.
A previous owner either towed another trailer behind the Rapido or had a ball hitch mounted bike carrier.

Hope so Andy.
A coat of gloss black, and then retreat into the garage as the rain lashes down. So much for the light showers....

aCuAH.jpg

HQkyn.jpg

When that's cured I'll fit the new sender unit, and an 8mm fuel outlet that I'll bring back from Busfest in place of the one that doesn't.

Had an overnight camp at the Tudor Arms the night before Berkeley.
Just a couple of us, Justin, Shaun and Graham & Jenni still to arrive.

iv1Pb.jpg

The earlybay.com line-up at the show.

wrVS7.jpg

YAXKZ.jpg

E74lb.jpg

TQNun.jpg

Shame that a load of traders didn't turn up, and the weather forecast put a few visitors off as well.

This morning was a steering session.
Decided to swap steering boxes with one I've had in the garage for a couple of years. If it's furbar I've got a late box to fit anyway.
Old one out,

z95hJ.jpg

DJ70q.jpg

"new" one ready to go in.

8rnvx.jpg

WwGOc.jpg

Bit of a bastard job removing both Pitman arms, but with Nick's assistance (actually, he removed both :lol: ), twas done.
Not an instant success as I didn't know whether the "new" box was OK. Bit of roughness, but there's 80% less play and next to no wander at *speed.
Heat exchangers wired open as well, it's that time of year again.

:D

This afternoon stage 2 started.

dU3qz.jpg

pgFmk.jpg

*speed - off the clock on the downhill section of the M32

:mrgreen:

Latest posts