rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubscum said:
i bet .... melt city !

Not wrong there Ash.

qVtOS.jpg

Who said the stock VW heating system was shite?

:lol:

Fresh MOT acquired today after a wrestle with an off-side dipped beam fault, and a replacement trackrod end that was new last year.
Also greased the beam and spindles and adjusted and repacked the front wheel bearings.
Just a couple of advisories, steering box (late bay conversion planned), noisy exhaust ( :roll: ), driver"s door hinge deteriorated ( there isn't a lower one....) and driver's door mirror deteriorated ( to be replaced when the hinge and "new" cab door fitted).

Also carried out an oil change and a bit of fettling.
Been a bit of a dick though, loss of power and oil light came on as I came off the motorway on the way home. The vac line was flapping loose in the engine bay and I reconnected it earlier not realising that the timing had been set with it disconnected.
Lots of advance.....
Hopefully when it's cooled down tomorrow it'll be OK after the timing's reset. :oops:

Well, the old single port seems OK still.
Received a package from Eurocarb containing the vents and jets for the IDF 40s. Just need to get these fitted and some oil lines made up (what do people recommend?) and we should be ready to drop the engine and gearbox out and change the fuel sender, shift rods and bushes and paint the engine bay.

Anyway I forgot to post some pics from Dubs at the Castle, cracking weekend. :)
First one there again.

SN4Ep.jpg

The line-up.

7jpL3.jpg

y8rhT.jpg

Been driving the bus in this glorious weather we're having and having a think about some changes.

YSdNo.jpg

sparkywig said:
I like it sun canopy up, chair out and cider on the go. Nice 8)

Looking forward to seeing your new engine in the bus. When do you reckon you're be back on the road?

Hello Si, that was about 11ish so I was relaxing nicely. :)
Need to make plans for the engine swap as there's a few bits I want to get done while the engine's out.
I'll have to speak nicely to Nick at the yard to see if there's any space for a couple of days. :msn4:

Have a good trip to Devon. :)

Use Speedflow for your oil lines Si, braided pipes and anodized fittings. That's what Hector is using for mine and what he has on his race car. Expensive but well worth it.

Thanks Alistair, don't know really, it's not quite there if you know what I mean.
Would like to cut the roof off and turn it back into a tintop, maybe paint the roof black.
Narrow the beam, fettle the stance, change of wheels.....

But with black bumpers.

xRhQS.jpg

Hi,

Sounds nice, i do like centerlines, some here for sale:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53023&p=442901#p442901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep the pictures coming!

Cheers!

Alistair

I was wondering if you were going this year, I've been offered a free pass if I'll show my Bus off, well at least it's not show n shine cuz the Bus still dirty from me Hols :lol: Nice to see some vehicles that are not VW related. 8)

Latest posts