rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: I hope it was cheap for all that work!!
Gotta say, it's the only other caravan we would have if we sold the Rapido..... Just need to finish the bus first :lol:

is said:
project puck :mrgreen:

Oh yes. It's a long term purchase, so I want to repair it properly. Even if I spend £2k on the resto, it'll still be more cost effective than buying a 70's smoothskin that appears perfect.

A bit of repair to the steel skeleton required behind the gas locker, and some more to do on the chassis under the door.

The plan is to remove the floor, carry out the chassis repairs and repaint, and then replace with a ply, 25mm celotex, ply sandwich.
The gutter rail sealer strip is perished which is why there's so much water ingress. So that's to be replaced with a new insert.

The wall cavities with fitted with celotex and then renew the vinyl wallcovering.
A bit of tlc and repaint on the fibreglass roof cap and a new roof canvas. Renovate the units and job's a good un.
I've even got the 70's flyscreen.

:lol:

Simon, if you want the vinyl matching let me know. Lyn knows about all that shit, many times has she told (bored) me what wall coverings are called!! She has a mate that still works at the place that seems to make every wall paperery stuff in the world.

Darius

Good to meet you on Saturday Si, I'm sure our paths will cross again soon.

Evening all, just a little catch up on all the bits I missed in the rush leading up to Ninove.

New rear lenses from Notch1500, half the price of Hella.
Before

After

This kicked off a wiring fault that lead me all round the bus, and then blew the indicator relay. So one half the size was purchased.
Old

New

Off to VolksWorld for the weekend.
I think I may have arrived a little early.

Still, got some refreshments on board.

Parked up with the traders in the car park Friday evening, had a kebab before and after a trip to the Bear.
Saturday dawned and the lineup is in a new location just outside the rear entrance to the halls.

Brilliant day, the sun came out and saw loads of faces old and new.

Saturday evening we parked up in the car park again,

and after a quick couple of beers, went into Esher for a meal before somebody found the cocktail menu....

Quick, roll onto Sunday morning. :lol:

Same place, not so sunny today though.

Cruised back down the M4 in the rain with Greg, Dave and Bondy in his split, this was after Rikki James' tour of Esher and surrounding environs.
Great to bump into friends old and new. Brilliant weekend again, and the lineup position was awesome this year.

Latest posts