Rusty, our '68 registered '69 model tintop Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty 68

Reaction score
A few pics from when we first got him

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

hi rusty welcome to EB 8)

by the sound of the post you have started restoring already? are there after shots too? :D

Started to cut the cargo floor out after finding much rust in it, then due to work commitments and too many other dub projects at home its gone off to have all structural welding doen to get it MOTable.

Then it will be back to me to finish the body and interior!!!!!

Some pics of rusty holes

Picture071.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Hello and welcome. :D

Tin-top Danburys rock! 8)

Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing more about the resto as you go along.

Doug

Its gonna be a slow resto as a mate is doing it in his spare time,,,,

means its cheaper that way!!!!

Will be taking plenty of pics along the way tho.

Cant wait to drive him on the road, only driven him in the garden, up the drive and accross the road to the trailer so far!!!!!!!

Have you any plans with regard to the interior?

Do you have any of the original stuff (apart from the top locker), or will you be making a new interior from scratch?

I'm glad you are keeping it fairly original.

Mine is 100% original... apart from the fact that I'm missing one original curtain!

Any bits you don't want you should be able to get a few quid for from other owners restoring their buses. :)

Bonjour dude! and welcome. 8) Get that grinder out! :mrgreen:

Another Danbury.... Cool!

I nicknamed my bus Rusty too..... seams to suit a lot of them!

Good luck with the resto and keep us updated. :D

So, work has finally started, tho not a whole lot.

Windows have been pulled out to check apertures, only one is bad, but that complete panel is kippered!!!!!

Hope to try and track down a usable replacement!
Its the panel the fuel filler sits in, if anyone knows of one for sale or of a company that makes a replacement can they let me know please?

I sold just the panel you are after (it was NOS). I originally got it from Holland and ive never seen another like it but ill keep an eye out. They are not cheap you know for OG panels, but so much better quality and fit.

Sourced a panel to replace the kippered one where the fuel filler is.

Also sourced a s/h replacement floor that needs minimal work and includes the wheeltubs!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jeez we've been busy bunnies!!!!

Rusted floor and tubs in cabin have been cut out now.

Not much to report, mate is having to work on peoples dubs that actually pay him real money as a pose to leaving their dubs in the corner of his workshop and telling him " no rush, just work onit whenever you have some spare time!!!"

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts